You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Are you guys gonna be launching any surprises during WWDC?!?!? :D  ;)

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

they better do  :P  :D  :ph34r:

like this was two years ago https://vimeo.com/116156558

and this is like working https://vimeo.com/170451622 for some time already obviously 

"#AffinityPhoto for #iPad on its way to #WWDC2016" 

Andy last year https://twitter.com/andysomerfield/status/723758343848861696  ;)

According to Jony this will be be the greatest WWDC that Apple has ever streamed  :wub:

If you like editing Photos in Pro tools like PS or Pixelmator, lol  :D how is Pixelmator supposed to be pro  :blink:

Metal 2 10x better throughput if implemented, easy as cake right? :D Affinity stuff will be rendered before you even know or maybe even get 10 bit display now  :D

• Staff

Well would you look at that....

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2017/

100 Minutes in

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Wowsers! That was cool, loved Photo on the iPad. Even better for you Photo folks is that it's now available!

I was hoping for Designer, but each well, never mind....  :mellow:

George 

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Well would you look at that....

Dumb question I should know how to answer myself but I do not:

Situation: I am not the official owner of an iPad but I bought my wife an iPad Air 2. I want to buy the iPad app using my own Apple ID, install it on her iPad, & use it there until such time as I (hopefully) can afford to get an iPad Pro of my own.

So if I buy the app in iTunes on my Mac, how do I get it installed on her iPad, & can I later install it on my future iPad Pro? This will be for personal use only on either or both iPads.

EDIT: I just realized the wife's iPad is a first gen iPad Air, not an Air 2, so I guess this question is moot (unless the conflicting info about model compatibility is wrong).  :(

Edited by R C-R

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Dumb question I should know how to answer myself but I do not:

Situation: I am not the official owner of an iPad but I bought my wife an iPad Air 2. I want to buy the iPad app using my own Apple ID, install it on her iPad, & use it there until such time as I (hopefully) can afford to get an iPad Pro of my own.

So if I buy the app in iTunes on my Mac, how do I get it installed on her iPad, & can I later install it on my future iPad Pro? This will be for personal use only on either or both iPads.

EDIT: I just realized the wife's iPad is a first gen iPad Air, not an Air 2, so I guess this question is moot (unless the conflicting info about model compatibility is wrong).  :(

I think transferring might be a nightmare. But you can create a family account which gives you both full access to each others existing apps. 

I think the only conflict is between what Serif wanted to say and what Apple insisted on saying! When I go here I just see

Description

Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.

but clicking on '...More' reveals this:

Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I think transferring might be a nightmare. But you can create a family account which gives you both full access to each others existing apps. 

Yes, I think you are right about that. I already have Family Sharing set up for my wife & myself, but I did not notice until long after I posted my question that the iPad Affinity Photo app supports it.

So that much is no problem ... it is just the lack of a compatible iPad that is.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yes, I think you are right about that. I already have Family Sharing set up for my wife & myself, but I did not notice until long after I posted my question that the iPad Affinity Photo app supports it.

So that much is no problem ... it is just the lack of a compatible iPad that is.

The answer is very simple: persuade your wife to buy you one! :lol:

Alfred spacer.png

"Soldered RAM is not a problem because you can always upgrade the memory later by just buying a new Mac. #Apple"

https://twitter.com/JonyIveParody/status/872088416061710337

- same goes for iPads ;)

The answer is very simple: persuade your wife to buy you one! :lol:

Ha! It is really all about persuading myself that I can justify the purchase. We are both retired so no regular paychecks coming in or clients to pass the cost onto. She has no interest in graphics work & I am just a hobbyist who can barely draw a straight line.

In fact, until the Pro models & the Apple Pencil were released, I had no interest at all in iPads other than occasionally playing with her iPad to see how it worked. But with the release of Affinity Photo for the iPad & Apple's announcement of the soon to be available new, higher performance iPad Pro models, all that has changed.

Twice now I have somehow found myself on Apple's site, going through the order procedure 'just' to see how much a new 12.9" model & a Pencil would cost ... & finding it very, very hard to resist 'accidentally' clicking the Buy button.

At about $1000, it is the most expensive 'accessory' purchase for a $20 app I have ever considered.  :lol:

Affinity Photo 

At about $1000, it is the most expensive 'accessory' purchase for a $20 app I have ever considered.  :lol:

rotfl.gif

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe, but how many computers do you think MS office has sold? At the end of the day, applications are what drive hardware sales and the iPad really suffers from lack of killer apps to drive sales and development of further killer apps.

Maybe, but how many computers do you think MS office has sold?

Yes, but ... MS Office costs rather more than $20!! :o

Alfred spacer.png