You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I add a new colour profile to AD? I have one that was generated for Photoshop.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Thanks. That is just what I needed to know.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

on a Mac you drop it into a specific folder 

on your desktop/ in finder hit "cmd + shift + g" (Go to folder)

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/

paste that in and hit enter 

paste your profile into that folder 

cheers 

I spoke too soon! When I hit cmd+shift+g it takes me to into a Thunderbird folder which is my emails!

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• Staff

Hi jackamus,

Do the following:

- open a Finder windows

- go to menu Go and press and hold ⌥ (option/alt) with the menu open: a new option will appear on the menu labelled Library - click on it to open it

- then open the ColorSync folder, then Profiles

- paste you colour profile there.

Hi jackamus,

Do the following:

- open a Finder windows

- go to menu Go and press and hold ⌥ (option/alt) with the menu open: a new option will appear on the menu labelled Library - click on it to open it

I just noticed something new (in macOS Sierra only?) that apparently avoids having to use the option key to show the current user Library folder in the Finder Go menu:

If you use the option to display the current user's Library folder in Finder windows (as explained here) then it also makes it visible in the Finder Go menu -- although I had to toggle "Show in Finder" off & back on to get that to work in the Go menu, probably because I used a terminal command hack to always display it in an earlier OS X version.

Personally, I prefer to use the root level Library/Colorsync/Profiles folder for this but as explained here there are advantages to each location.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi jackamus,

Do the following:

- open a Finder windows

I have just pasted the color profile into the Profiles folder. I can now choose this profile under Preferences in RGB but how do I choose it for CMYK? The color profile is not listed there.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

I have just pasted the color profile into the Profiles folder. I can now choose this profile under Preferences in RGB but how do I choose it for CMYK? The color profile is not listed there.

Perhaps too obvious a question but is it a CMYK profile or an RGB one?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

No its not an obvious question as far as I'm concerned.

The profile wads generated to work with my Epson printer. The advice I was given regarding its use in Photoshop was to to use CMYK in the 'Proof Setup' box.

In AD I don't think I get this choice.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Please try this: in Finder, double-click on your profile (it should have an .icc file extension). This should open ColorSync Utility to a window that displays various tags in the profile. The first tag listed should be "Header" & the window should open to that tag by default. If not, click once on the Header line to select it.

In the lower section of the window you should see among other things lines for Class (should be "Output') & Space. The Space could be "RGB" or "CMYK" or possibly "Lab" or a few others. What does it show for this profile?

You can compare this profile to others installed on your system. From the File menu, select "New Window." This will open the main ColorSync Utility window, with tabs for Profile First Aid, Profiles, Devices, Filters, & Calculator. Select Profiles & you will get a list of all installed profiles. Select Devices & you will get a list sorted by device type (Scanners, Printers, Displays, etc.) The Printers section should have any Epson printer profiles installed on the system. Double-click on one of them (you will probably have to expand the list by clicking on the disclosure triangles like you do in Finder list views) to open its tagged info window.

Are the Class & Space Header tag data the same for them as for the profile you made?

Affinity Photo