You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For those who have used a Lumia device, you might remember the lumia/nokia creative studio where you could edit photos. One of the best features it had was colour pop where you could highlight one or more dominant colours while the rest of the image would be in grayscale - check the example below where the sail has the colours retained while the ocean is gray

Now I wanted to do the same effect but using affinity photo

Is this possible and if yes, how can I do it? A step by step guide would be most helpful.

Thank you

post-50884-0-58124100-1496653354_thumb.jpg

Hey Chintan,

Every time you post here I think there is a new tutorial, instead you ask for advice.

All good, only, could you please post your questions in the questions section?

Just to avoid confusion and keep things organized.

Best,

Andrew

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Hey Chintan,

Every time you post here I think there is a new tutorial, instead you ask for advice.

All good, only, could you please post your questions in the questions section?

Just to avoid confusion and keep things organized.

Best,

Andrew

got it,. my apologies

Hey Chintan,

NP, no need to apologize, it's only to keep the forum ordered ;)

You've got some useful advice already.

Anyway, I put together a rough video, just to show the concept then, of course, the more one experiment the better.

I used the Selection Brush Tool in order to separate the car from the background. It's a very fast and convenient tool and can be a real time saver.

There are other ways to pull out selections, MBd mentioned a few already. You could use a quick mask, channels, Apply Image and so on.

All the short cut are overlaid, but if you have questions let me know:

P.S. I realized that when I create the curve, the shortcut displayed is not complete, it was supposed to be CTRL + M.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch