You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tables and basic math functions

I'm in the process of creating an offer folder - and stuck a bit on the tables. It would be useful for Affinity to have tables (eg Excel). In addition, it would be useful to perform simple operations in tables, such as adding, subtracting, percentages, etc. (as in Excel). Many users would be happy to help them work on projects such as folders, pricelists, etc. When will this feature be available?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, jangok. :)

Tables and simple spreadsheet functions sound like something we might expect to see in Affinity Publisher.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, jangok. :)

Tables and simple spreadsheet functions sound like something we might expect to see in Affinity Publisher.

And where can this download program?

Affinity Publisher hasn't been released yet, which is why I wrote "might expect to see". The public beta version is due later this year, but the finished retail version probably won't be available before next year (2018).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Affinity Publisher hasn't been released yet, which is why I wrote "might expect to see". The public beta version is due later this year, but the finished retail version probably won't be available before next year (2018).

And will the BETA version have access to everyone?

• 1 year later...

I can't seem to format cells within the table, i.e., add currency and to be able to add or multiply cells as per usual in tables. Can't find anything in help file and your video blog doesn't cover it either.   I am still trying to ween off PPX10 and hoping to go onto Affinity P.   Any more help out there for tables?

On 6/4/2017 at 8:39 AM, jangok said:

I'm in the process of creating an offer folder - and stuck a bit on the tables. It would be useful for Affinity to have tables (eg Excel). In addition, it would be useful to perform simple operations in tables, such as adding, subtracting, percentages, etc. (as in Excel). Many users would be happy to help them work on projects such as folders, pricelists, etc. When will this feature be available?

I also expected ‘Enable spreadsheet functions’ to be included, I also have today had one cell that refuses to do anything but top align and will not budge??? Where do we actually format each cell? 

Can we have some more tutorial videos please?