You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey all, here's the latest piece I've just finished in 1.6 b1.

It's a fun and colourful graphic Heart illo I'm selling on Redbubble (shameless plug). ;-)  Yes I know it's pink but purple heart sounds better. 

It's basically all line work with some filled in shapes but it's really the first time I've done a piece like this in Designer using the path or stroke pressure feature pretty much exclusively. It takes a little getting used to but it ended up feeling really nice and comfortable and kinda slick as compared to illustrator's method.

Gotta say though, the expand stroke nodes situation is still a major issue for me as I usually expand and unite everything to make a watertight piece. It almost forced me to abandon Designer for this and jump back to illustrator. But I stuck with it and I'm happy with the final product.

Here's a link to my Redbubble page showing it on various products. The bold colour and linework really pops.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/kevincreative/works/26652427-purple-heart-i-know-its-pink-but-there-it-is

post-305-0-10189100-1496472416_thumb.png

post-305-0-04202200-1496472427_thumb.png

post-305-0-31106600-1496472436_thumb.png

Great work with shapes but I gotta say, pretty creepy on a pillow.   :wacko:

Re, the color, reds are kinda hard on organs as it looks like you're trying to get it right but you never quite do. Know what I mean? Pinks are similarly problematic. Soooo, I like that you have avoided all that and used a good looking purple! Works for me!  :D

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Re, the color, reds are kinda hard on organs as it looks like you're trying to get it right but you never quite do. Know what I mean? Pinks are similarly problematic. Soooo, I like that you have avoided all that and used a good looking purple! Works for me!  :D

Yes, but ... does Kevin deserve a medal? :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, but ... does Kevin deserve a medal? :P

Well, likely he sprained something moving the mouse around, so probably yes!   :lol:

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Looks ace. Not sure I understand what you're doing with Expand Stroke. Not something I've used myself.

I was thinking of doing a range of merchandise based on one design. How is redbubble? Are you happy with the quality?

Thanks for sharing more of yer lovely artwork,

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Looks ace. Not sure I understand what you're doing with Expand Stroke. Not something I've used myself.

I was thinking of doing a range of merchandise based on one design. How is redbubble? Are you happy with the quality?

Thanks for sharing more of yer lovely artwork,

George

Thanks eejits, short answer long...I expand or outline the strokes as a habit from years of sending out files to printers and vendors. Incase the design gets resized it ensures the the line widths stay intact... that sort of thing. Probably didn't need to do it for this but I like to be sure. I always keep versions of my files with lines or strokes still intact if I need to revise any of them.

Re Redbubble, I am brand new to the online store thing and I figured it was overdue, I have a ton of stuff to upload and ideas of new stuff to create. I did a fair amount of research (mostly youtube) and kept seeing how they came out ahead in user/artist experience and quality. I haven't seen any of my work on products as of yet but I am expecting a shipment soon on a few things I ordered. I'll let you know what I think once I get it. :-)

Simply Brilliant..that's all I can say!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Thanks Stuart!

I used to do a lot more of this bold graphic stuff in the early digital days before gradients and the ability to do a lot of tonal shading and I think I'm going to get back into it. I like the richness and the playfulness of the colouring on the eye. It can really pack a visual punch too. ;-)