cjc3636

Patch Tool producing overly bright and translucent 'patches'

HI, been using Affinity Photo for about a year now and I love the program!

Issue I'm having is with the Patch Tool.  I'm getting overly bright and translucent patches.  

The images were edited, but on one occasion, flattened (no layers save for the one image).  Lock was off.  

Also the brightness does show in the preview lasso as I moved the cursor searching for a matching patch to use.  The bottom

of the image was especially bright and translucent.  And it would set in (patch) with that brightness as well. 

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is this a bug?  I believe when I first started using Patch Tool it worked very well, 

with no changes to the patched copy vs the original 'lassoed' area. 

Hope this makes  sense, and thanks for any advice. 

CJ Carpenter 

North Carolina USA

I'm wanting to use the patch tool the same way I've done in Photoshop to remove the nadir hole in 360 equirec images but it's leaving sort of a halo effect in the the patched area. Is this the same problem you're addressing? If not is there a way of changing the opacity or something of the sort? One of the things that the patch tool an PS does very well is colour blending and I just want to be sure I can get the same results. If so, this may be the turning point for me no longer using Adobe.

Thanks

Has any progress been made on the issue? I still have the same problem as mentioned above. 

In the meantime, are there any work-arounds?

Hi fredreg,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind posting a couple screenshots showing the before/after the patch applied (or record a clip) and pointing the issues you are having? The original report was closed as by design and I'm not sure the issue was correctly reported/identified by me.Thank you.