You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disable deselect animation in Designer?

Thanks for the suggestion. Changing the snapping candidates to Immediate Layers indeed makes the effect go away.

With the default Candidate list, as I wrote, curves temporarily change to magenta when deselecting them, e.g. by clicking outside of the document canvas. Only when I enable Show snapping candidates, then curves turn magenta when clicking them. The fade effect is quite annoying, slowing down my work rhythm.

• Staff

Hi feklee,

Regarding the purple lines and expanding a little on the subject this is what i meant:

if you have Show snapping candidates checked, all objects that are snapping candidates will have a purple outline around them visible all the time.The Maximum field defines the max number of snapping candidates allowed.

If you uncheck Show snapping candidates the purple line will flash every time you select an object that's not yet a snapping candidate. There's two ways to add an object to the snapping candidate list: you either select it - its bounding box and a blue outline become active hiding/delaying the purple line effect while its selected - which is what you are see fading when you deselect the object again* - or you can simply mouse over an object without clicking on it - in this case you will see the purple outline appearing and then fading a few moments after to let you know that the object is now part of the candidates list. This is all by design.

*What triggers the purple line fading effect is the act of selecting the object - that's why i mentioned in my previous reply that you were selecting the objects.

This flashing behaviour is the only way you have to know that the object you selected or mouse-hovered now belongs to the Candidates List - even when you have the Show snapping candidates option unchecked. 

If you don't want to deal with the snapping candidates system (the purple lines flashing), change the Candidates dropdown to other option other than Candidate List.