You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing embedded documents into Assets panel

Assets are a nice way to organize your massive library of components which are usually saved in folders and hard to find when you need them.

The problem what I have with assets is the import possibility.

For example if I would like to import an icon library of let say 100 icons which I downloaded as SVG or EPS files then it is not possible to drag them all onto the artboard and import them into the assets panel.

The only option I found was to double click each and every icon (in some cases group the layers and give them the icon name) and then import one by one.

As all of you can imagine, that method takes me ages to import a bigger library of graphic assets.

Is there some workaround or did I understand something wrong?

Thanks for any feedback! 

PS: Photoshop files work fine. Just open the document, select all elements you wish to import and done. 

• Staff

Hi Duskolo,

You can put multiple SVG/EPS on a page and then select them all and on the Asset Panel  we have a fly out menu with the option to Add from selection and it would add all of the SVG/EPS into the Assets.

An easier method has already been requested in our Feature Requests section of the forums.

post-39-0-53647500-1496322174_thumb.png

Hi Stokerg,

I already know this method but it only works with non embedded vector graphics.

When I try this a message occurs which says (in german) that it is not possible to import embedded files into the assets panel (see attachment). 

And that is a big problem especially if you have a lot of vector graphics that you wish to import at once.

Otherwise I have to doubleclick or open each file individually, select the layers, group them, give them a name and then import them into the assets panel.

You can imagine that this is not a practical method.

post-34073-0-86633900-1496396025_thumb.png