You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So I have a shape and I am trying to make sure the text I put to the side of it is perfectly centered to the with the shape. I know photoshop has something like this with their grids that show a line when you reach the top portion, bottom portion, or center of an object you are moving the item nearby. Does Affinity do the same?

Photo from my website to show what I mean. See how the purple lines appear when I move my text over the bar on the bottom letting me know they are centered against each other?

Thanks everyone! loving the program so far.

ODgyo5T.png

I'm having a weird issue. When I enable snapping - the guides still don't show up. I'm a little baffled b/c I have the program on 2 computers. Snapping works fine on one machine, but on the other, the guides don't show. Any ideas if there's an additional setting or something I should check?

• Staff

Hi pastrywhipped,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Check that you have the following options checked in the Snapping Manager (menu View ▸ Snapping Manager..., also accessible clicking on the arrow on the right on the magnet icon in the main toolbar): Snap to object bounding boxes and Include bounding box mid points.

post-59-0-54737000-1496320534_thumb.png

If it still doesn't work can you please attach a screen capture of your Snapping Manager options please?

Thanks.