You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to print only the outlines of objects in my design?

Consider exporting to pdf and have a local print establishment with a good large format print a proof. It's usually a reasonable cost...typically less expensive than any of my connected printers, especially at a full-sized print.

There's no means to do automatically just do outlines that I know of. One could make a copy of the design, select everything, make all the fills white and add an outline though.

Making the fills white (or non) would be my preferred option so I could print right from my office and hang things up. I think if Serif added an option to skip this step that would be really helpful. There is an option to print color posters as black and white in the print settings but I would use the outline only feature even more it they added it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Why not copy everything onto one layer. Fill the background with white, select all your design elements and fill with white, make the lines black (any thickness you like) and print. Your design is still there, untouched, simply hide the "print" layer.

I just tried that (Xara Designer) but any program with layers will do it and it took me 20 seconds. It would take Serif a lot longer to program that in and it would not always work. i.e. Do all your design elements have an outline or a suitable colour? An outline of a thin yellow line would not be visible on a poster! 

The print layer way is very fast and flexible.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

There is already a feature that shows outlines of your design (command-y.) That is what I want except in print form rather then on my screen. If Serif already has a similar feature it seems like it wouldn't be much more work to implement it to print. I'll try your way to do it, thanks for the suggestion.