gnacca

Crash every time I move or transform a symbol

Hi gnacca

Thanks for the crash report. Is it specific symbols that are causing the crash for you? If so are you able to attach an example file you are having the issue with

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi gnacca

Thanks for the crash report. Is it specific symbols that are causing the crash for you? If so are you able to attach an example file you are having the issue with

Cheers

Hi (Chris) ^_^ The Assurer, sorry I saw your reply only now.

I attach a file with the symbols. The original file has many symbols I use for create a landscape. These 3 are used to make a complex texture.

I still have problems in this example file by duplicating them or transforming them or only change the table dimension.

Thank you in advance.

Simone

3crashingsymbols.afdesign

Hi gnacca,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Deleting or hiding the first adjustment only seems to prevent it from crashing (even if you enable it again after a few actions). Still looking into it.

Hello MEB

do you mean the curve adjustment? Acqually crashes started to show after I used the curve adjustment in the symbols...

Hi guys I tried in my original file to disable the adjustment on the symbols. It worked perfectly. I duplicated and transform hundreds of symbols without crashes.

But now I have a problem:

If I hide the adjust from all the symbols, duplicate them many times and unhide the adjust, only one of the symbols regain the correct setting of the adjustment. The other two have the values resetted to 0.

Simone

Hi guys I tried in my original file to disable the adjustment on the symbols. It worked perfectly. I duplicated and transform hundreds of symbols without crashes.

But now I have a problem:

If I hide the adjust from all the symbols, duplicate them many times and unhide the adjust, only one of the symbols regain the correct setting of the adjustment. The other two have the values resetted to 0.

Do you think I have to move this question to another section of the forum?

Ok I did some test.

When I hide and then unhide the adjustment level of the symbols "base coppo" and "base coppoR" (see file attached), the values of the adjustment reset to 0.

The symbol with no name has no problem.

So If I copy his the adjustment layer to the other symbols everything is ok.

I tried to understand what is the different from these layers and why they react so different but I didn't notice anything.

The good thing is I can now work without crashes.

For the strange behaviour of the layer I confide in you.

Thank you for all.

Simone

Hi Simone,

Sorry the delay getting back to you. With the iPad release things become quite busy on the forums. The behaviour you are describing with the adjustment being reset to 0 (zero) seems a bug. I will have to check that out as soon as i can. Glad to know you are not experiencing crashes anymore and were able to move on with the project.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Hi Simone,

Sorry the delay getting back to you. With the iPad release things become quite busy on the forums. The behaviour you are describing with the adjustment being reset to 0 (zero) seems a bug. I will have to check that out as soon as i can. Glad to know you are not experiencing crashes anymore and were able to move on with the project.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Thanks to you MEB. I very excited for the Affinity iPad release. This could be a reason to buy a new iPad Pro.

I have a last update:

Replacing the adjustment layers in the original document solved the crash issue. Even if I don't hide the layers before any transforming operation it doesn't crash.

Hurray!