Baggy42

Affinity Photo Crashes on HDR Merge and Adjustments

AF Photo is continually crashing and has been for some time, have filled out Crash Reports (when it lets me, it usually says the report is unavailable). I have replicated what I am trying to achieve in Photoplus, Cyberlink Photodirector, Adobe, Photopad etc etc...... no problems. The issue has therefore rendered the AF software as unusable and I am frustrated at filling out endless crash reports with my e-mail address and getting no response. When AF Photo does crash it renders the PC in a state of not responding, I can neither screen dump to get an image of the issue, ctrl-alt-delete for task manager or even close the program; the end result is having to do a hard reset. I have tried to upload a sample of the files I am using; all under 4mb; but ironically I am getting 'Upload skipped (error500)......................................

I am simply trying to merge three JPEG files, all under 4mb but I have exported them at reduced quality so each are 1.5mb and still the same issue. On the adjustments I am simply applying curves/level adjustments to the master channel.....I have just come back from a day out with my camera and tried to do a HDR merge on both my PC's and they both black screen and need a reboot to continue, this only happens with AF Photo and no other program, infact my second PC is used to analyse vast datasets using Crystal Reports, notorious for its memory usage, yet it never crashes until I try to merge 3 small files in AF Photo.....

Hi

I have been getting an unhandled exception crash report when I am trying to upload images in HDR merge.  these images are downloaded from https:affin.co/hdr as I am teaching myself using the workbook.

20180427_080140.jpg