You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP] Can't find refine selection under toolbar

Hi, 

look like i must be missing something.

Usually when i need to refine edges on a previous selection i have settings conbined to the tool i'm using under the main top toolbar.

But i must have done something wrong 'cause i can't find them anymore?!

917843Capturedecran20170531a143937.png

Any clue?

THX

Bento

Art Director at Tribu And Co | French web agency - See our work at http://www.tribu-and-co.fr

Hi Bento,

I notice in the screenshot you have the Move tool selected.  Can you change to the selection brush and you should then get the option to refine the selection.

No need i just found out what was wrong : "Show Context Toolbar" was uncheked... is there a shortcut that hide it?

Everything is back to normal.

Thx ! ;)

Art Director at Tribu And Co | French web agency - See our work at http://www.tribu-and-co.fr

• Staff

No need i just found out what was wrong : "Show Context Toolbar" was uncheked... is there a shortcut that hide it?

Everything is back to normal.

Thx ! ;)

Great to hear it's back in place :) 

There isn't a shortcut to disable or enable the Context toolbar.

There isn't a shortcut to disable or enable the Context toolbar.

Not by default, but it is possible to assign it a custom keyboard shortcut. I just tried using ⇧H (Shift + H) for that & it toggles hiding/showing the Context toolbar just fine in the Mac version of Affinity Photo.

Bento, if you have not yet noticed this, in Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts, the first popup sets the Persona & in the second one below it there are (among others) choices for each of that Persona's menus (like File, Edit, View, etc.). Every item in a menu has an entry in the list & they appear in the same order as they do in the menu.

So, since "Show Context Toolbar" appears near the end of the View menu, if you choose View from the second popup in the preference, if you scroll down to near the end of the list, you will see the entry for assigning it a keyboard shortcut.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Not by default, but it is possible to assign it a custom keyboard shortcut. I just tried using ⇧H (Shift + H) for that & it toggles hiding/showing the Context toolbar just fine in the Mac version of Affinity Photo.

Bento, if you have not yet noticed this, in Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts, the first popup sets the Persona & in the second one below it there are (among others) choices for each of that Persona's menus (like File, Edit, View, etc.). Every item in a menu has an entry in the list & they appear in the same order as they do in the menu.

So, since "Show Context Toolbar" appears near the end of the View menu, if you choose View from the second popup in the preference, if you scroll down to near the end of the list, you will see the entry for assigning it a keyboard shortcut.

Thanks for the information.

But i was asking that 'cause i wanted to delete the shortcut if it exists. I don't want to it to reproduce ;) .

Have a good day !

Cheers

To clarify a bit, I just created the custom shortcut as a test to make sure it worked as expected. After testing I deleted it because I always want the Context toolbar to be visible.

I don't ever need to hide it because I work on a 27" screen with plenty of space for it. But if I worked on a much smaller screen, like a 13" laptop, I can see it being a very handy shortcut to have when I wanted to see more of the work but did want to hide all of the UI.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7