You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've received an offer from Serif for Photozoom Pro 6, the dedicated enlargement software I previously used with Photoplus in various incarnations. Since moving to Affinity Photo, I've been very happy with the Enlarge Document function in AP - my question, does Photozoom Pro produce enlargements any better than AP can natively, or are elements of the Photozoom algorithms part of the AP process? I'd be interested if anyone has done any comparitive tests.

Thanks chaps.

I have PhotoZoom Pro 6 and I'm favourably impressed with it. I've attached the result of enlarging your avatar to 400% of its original size using the 'Photo - Regular' preset in PhotoZoom; I can't see how to achieve a comparable result in Affinity Photo.

post-8358-0-83316500-1496218857_thumb.jpg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you Alfred, thats very helpful. Looks like it may be worthwhile, especially as it works as a plug-in.

Except I don't think it does, (work as a plug-in) either in Affinity Photo or PhotoPlus X8!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

I wrote a short reveiw of this in the Cambridge in Colour forum (www.cambridgeincolour.com/forums/thread57675.htm). I compared the enlargements in PS, AP and PhotoZoom. My conclusion was that, for this one example, PhotoZoom was (just) better.

EDIT: In my CiC posting I referred too PhotoZoom as if it were a Serif product. It is not. It is an independent product marketed by Serif. Thanks to Alfred for pointing this out. I have been unable to edit my original posting at CiC.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630