You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The use of two screens, one for the tools, one for the picture.

I’m using two screens, the one of my ASUS notebook and an external screen, also ASUS.

Is it feasible to get the tools on one screen, e.g. the laptop one, and the full picture on the bigger external one?
As far I know it’s not possible to do so in the Adobe programs such as PS, LR, E, …

But maybe Affinity Photo can?

A nice picture doesn't have to be a 'technical good' one, but 'different' from all other ones.

Mother earth is a source of life, not a resource.

www.pixeldude.be

Yes this worked for me for me - set the dual screens up so you can move the mouse off the side of one screen and onto the other.  Reduce the Affinity window to less than full screen and drag it onto the second screen then maximise it again that now fills my second screen.  I have studio tools brushes, layers, colours etc open and I was able to drag those tools back where they came from.  Now I have tools on the first screen and the canvas on the second screen, and I can get the cursor wherever I want.

By tools do you mean the panels? Layers, Adjustments etc or the tools on the toolbar. Hand tool, Move tool etc.

The panels just drag off and you can move them outside the Affinity window. As for the tools on the toolbar, go to View "Dock tools" and tick it off and you can drag it to where you want too. Tick on it again to put it back.

It is also possible to double click in the margins around the toolbar to undock or dock it again.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Yes this worked for me for me - set the dual screens up so you can move the mouse off the side of one screen and onto the other.  Reduce the Affinity window to less than full screen and drag it onto the second screen then maximise it again that now fills my second screen.  I have studio tools brushes, layers, colours etc open and I was able to drag those tools back where they came from.  Now I have tools on the first screen and the canvas on the second screen, and I can get the cursor wherever I want.

Nick,

I was able to open the 2 screens as you described, and pulling the tool pannel from the left side to the other screen and back. But there are also at the right the 'adjsutment, layers, vavigator, ...' . I can drag these ones 'seperately' to the other screen, but not all of them combined. Is there a manner to drag the complete righter pannel to the other screen? Idem dito for the top bar. It would be great that only the picture is visible on one screen and all the aids on the other one.

A nice picture doesn't have to be a 'technical good' one, but 'different' from all other ones.

www.pixeldude.be

By tools do you mean the panels? Layers, Adjustments etc or the tools on the toolbar. Hand tool, Move tool etc.

The panels just drag off and you can move them outside the Affinity window. As for the tools on the toolbar, go to View "Dock tools" and tick it off and you can drag it to where you want too. Tick on it again to put it back.

It is also possible to double click in the margins around the toolbar to undock or dock it again.

Toltec, I was able to open the 2 screens as you described, and pulling the tool pannel from the left side to the other screen and back. But there are also at the right the 'adjsutment, layers, vavigator, ...' . I can drag these ones 'seperately' to the other screen, but not all of them combined. Is there a manner to drag the complete righter pannel to the other screen? Idem dito for the top bar. It would be great that only the picture is visible on one screen and all the aids on the other one.

www.pixeldude.be

There are two little vertical bars to the left of the tabs of each group of panels. Looks like the pause button of a VCR.

If you click on that you can drag that group of panels off. You can "reassemble" the three groups and drag the bunch in one go by dragging the top one (pause).

However, you seem to be working back to front. Put the main Affinity window complete with tools on one monitor, undock just the picture by dragging on the top (its tab) and just move that. No?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

There are two little vertical bars to the left of the tabs of each group of panels. Looks like the pause button of a VCR.

If you click on that you can drag that group of panels off. You can "reassemble" the three groups and drag the bunch in one go by dragging the top one (pause).

However, you seem to be working back to front. Put the main Affinity window complete with tools on one monitor, undock just the picture by dragging on the top (its tab) and just move that. No?

More logic, no doubt about it ... and it works.  Thanks.

www.pixeldude.be