You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hitechrn

Nice.

My only concern would be with the eyes of the birds. The one on the tree looks a bit menacing with those "dead" eyes staring out and the one on the ground seems to have some form of strabismus.

Nothing bad or wrong with that of course but it's not something that I would expect to see on a poster (if, indeed, it is a poster) unless it was something the image was specifically trying to portray.

To try and say that a bit better: Images usually show things in a certain light within the context of the image and it's not usual for medical conditions to be seen unless that's what the image has been specifically made to highlight. For example, blind people with guide dogs are not normally shown in images other than images specifically about blind people (or guide dogs).

I'm not saying that's right, or the way it should be, or anything like that, it's just what generally happens. Maybe we should see things like this more often so it just becomes usual. Maybe - probably - it's my (society's) expectations that need to change.

No offence to anyone was intended by my pointing this out, and with my eyesight I can hardly throw stones at other people's glasshouses (to paraphrase a well-known saying). It's just something that came to me that might be worth keeping in mind. Some people find it easy to mock others that are different to them and, on other occasions, offence can be taken when none was intended.

Anyway, as I said, nice work.

Love this style of work and I think you've pulled it off magnificently. Agree with the birds eyes comment, though, I think they should be the same (unless there's a reason for it).

Great stuff,

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Fantastic! Fun to look at. :)

Minor picky-picky: On the red bird your night version beak slipped out of position and she needs a full shadow, not just feet shadows (like you did the blue bird). Then: perfection! The eyes, I don't mind, wacky-jawed non-same-sized eyes add a lot of interest. And they ensure we don't mistake it for a photograph! (Yeah, kinda sorta kidding on the last comment but some truth in it.) :P

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop