Book Cover Design (PreMade), Affinity Photo

After a long time I once again created a so-called "PreMade", with fictional title and author name. I did 'nt have a directly matching photo. I wanted to try to get a deep "camera" perspective, so a glance flat over the grass. For this I have several grass photos overlaid and merged into a (one) picture. What do you think? Looking forward to your feedback :lol: :huh: :)

Friendly greetings to everyone

http://b-bertuleit.de/black-summertime/

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

Great work.

My main concern - and it's quite small - would be where the red "splotches" go over the text. I don't know what's wrong but I just think it spoils it a bit. Are the splotches in the foreground or the background? If they're in the background then surely they shouldn't cover the text.

Apart from that, it looks just like any great book cover I'd see on a bookshop shelf (and better than most). A professional job.

P.S. To echo Georgeacles, the ladybird (with the shadow of the grass) is a nice touch which gives it that extra "something".

@Georgeacles,
Thank you! ... I love ladybugs :)

@Garry,
The red "splotches" go over the text, yes, you're right. That should not be so, I did not notice. Now I've corrected it, and it's the way it should be. Thank you for your attention, has helped me a lot. This Forum is really great ;)

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

You're welcome Bodo B. Glad to help.

The fix works, and that little change makes all the difference. Most authors would be very pleased to have such a nice cover on their book.