You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear Affinity team,

I 've been an affinity owner of the very early hours.  I have now switched to a Fuji X-T2 using lossless compressed raw files. I am running a mac with the latest OS Sierra and the rates affinity version.

Whenever I try to open a compressed raw file AP crashes.

What can I do? Does AP still use apples raw engine or have you developed your own? how can I switch if that is the problem?

I have read in the forum that generally you do support X-T2 raw files.  

I appreciate the timely help.

kind regards,

dr.cox

• Staff

Hi dr.com,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo have two RAW engines available - Serif Labs and Apply (Core Image RAW). You can switch them going to menu View ▸ Assistant Manager... in Develop Persona and selecting the one you want from the first dropdown. There's other user reporting issues with this camera as well (slow loading, closing times etc). Can you please upload some samples (lossless compressed/uncompressed etc) for us to take a look?

You can use this link to do so. Thanks.

*You can also access the Develop Assistant from Photo Persona clicking the Assistant icon on the main toolbar then pressing the Develop Assistant button on the bottom left.

Tried to open the Raw files after switching to the serif raw engine.... no joy.

Have you had any luck with the files and error report I uploaded?

Looking forward to a solution, as would quite a few others.

cheers

• Staff

Hi dr.cox,

X-T2 compressed RAF files are not yet supported by Apple (Core Image RAW) but they should open correctly with Serif Labs RAW engine. I had no issues opening your files on my system (although they seem to take a little more time than other RAW formats to open). Can you please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application (from Launchpad or from the Applications folder) then press Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the app? Does it still crash when you open the file using Serif Labs RAW engine?

Hi MEB,

I have done as you asked. When switching to the serif raw engine most files open but it takes them about 5-10mins. are there any plans on your part to optimize this behavior? any other recommendations of what I could. try?

thanks for your efforts.