You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SVG Export: Support for preserveAspectRatio="none"

Hello,

i'm wanted to ask if it is possible to add an option to add preserveAspectRatio="none" to the svg tag in an exported svg? I think it would be very easy to do for you, since you already have many options for svg export in the export. I wish it in Affinity Designer.

This example topic shows it why i need it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19484707/how-can-i-make-an-svg-scale-with-its-parent-container

I wish to scale svg without preserving the aspect ratio.

Yes, i edited the files with hand and added the attribute there, but i will need it more often in future, so that an option would be perfect for me.

Thanks and i will be waiting for a small reply :)

Cheers,

Torsten

Thanks for any reply, Torsten :)

• 8 months later...
  • Staff

Hi dasmurphy,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry you never got a reply. Sometimes one thread or two go under the radar. Please accept my apologies for the delay.

I will raise this issue with the dev team to see if we can improve things here for you. Doesn't seem complicate but it's up with them to decide if/when new feature/improvements are implemented.

They have been quite busy. Thanks for your feedback.

52 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi dasmurphy,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry you never got a reply. Sometimes one thread or two go under the radar. Please accept my apologies for the delay.

I will raise this issue with the dev team to see if we can improve things here for you. Doesn't seem complicate but it's up with them to decide if/when new feature/improvements are implemented.

They have been quite busy. Thanks for your feedback.

Hey MEB,

thanks for the warm welcome ;) I'm longer here than some other people, but i'm not so active here... And thanks for your quick reply, not a problem at all. So no apologies needed, but any way i will accept it. I know there always may be some thing going under the radar. I'm myself in software development.

If you got any info if it will be considered, please reply here :) That would be awesome to know if it will be implemented or not.

Thanks for the help any way.

Cheers,

Torsten

Thanks for any reply, Torsten :)