You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Stitching / Panoramas

• Staff

Hello Becky C,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't believe photo-stitching (panoramas) will be considered for Affinity Designer, but it's certainly a great match for the upcoming Affinity Photo (eventually as a new persona).

Glad you're enjoying Affinity Designer :)

• 7 months later...

This topic seems to have gone idle... I thought I would make this my 1st post and kick the tires on the topic to see where it has gone since the last post. Anywhere? I like what PS offers for panoramas and I am thrilled with what I have seen from Affinty so far. Has there been any progress on this?

You can call me Cowboydoug, you can call me Doug, you can even call me Honey but don't call me Cowboy

The problem with stitching panoramas is that the devs would have to "rent" a licensed algorithm to do the task efficiently (it´s way superior to all other solutions as they said in one other tread).

As a consequence they would have to increase the price tag of Affinity Photo and they didn´t really wanted to do this last time.

I hope I remember it correctly and didn´t misquote them...

Thanks for the welcome and the feedback gang...

I've been shooting digital panos since '99 and had many film panorama cameras prior to that. I have used most pano SW available until PS really pulled it together a few years ago. When I discovered Affinity a few weeks ago I was hopeful I had hit the mother-load. I'm quite impressed with the speed and ease of use and can't wait to play with it. I just sold my 27" iMac 20 minutes ago and waiting for my new one... Ugh...

Let the games begin

You can call me Cowboydoug, you can call me Doug, you can even call me Honey but don't call me Cowboy

I am a CC subscriber and have been since day one... I also own the Topaz suite and a couple of On1's. All great programs and each has a purpose for me... What I like about Affinty is, the speed and simplicity both products seem to offer and look forward to exploiting them. As for other pano programs... They would have to surpass what PS already brings to the table... At this point I'm still waiting for that.

Thanks for your input

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can panorama stitching be extended to tiling? I sometimes would like to merge two photos vertically for a tree or building. Another posting in this forum mentioned regular use of Brenizer portrait stitching, which according to Wikipedia involves tiling plus other effects. Microscopists, I believe, use such software to assemble mosaic pictures.

AP 1.7.3, MacOS 10.14.6 (usually latest of each, but not going to Catalina until more issues are resolved)

Mac Mini, Late 2012, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB; HD replaced with SSD

• 3 months later...