You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sneak Peak - 50 custom styles!

ronniemcbride

Hey gang! I have seen some really amazing and  inspiring work in this forum. I have not posted anything lately but I am working on something.... Here is a sneak peek of a project I am working on.  AffinityPhoto and Affinity Publisher are not here yet but there already plenty of amazing things you can do in Affinity designer now! 

sneak-peak.jpg

Yes, I created about 50 custom styles all in Affinity. Stay tuned ;)

Ohh, and if you haven't yet make sure you visit mixmediasalad.com to receive alerts and discounts on my future products and course discounts.

One more thing someone asked if AffinityPhoto will be able to open raw files well the answer is certainly yes because Affinity Designer has open all my raw files from my Canon Camera. Check out the last two tabs in my screenshot.

Cheers!

Nice work Ronnie.

I like the 50 (wow) custom styles. It gives it that surf shack look, very texture rich. This should look really special, when it's finished: so keep on wowing your clients.

How did you do the styles?

By the way, this looks so much like Serif CraftArtist and you've saved the dev team from having to write another couple million lines of code, for the 4th Affinity App :D.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Thank you Peter. 

Well, creating styles is really easy as selecting an objects that you applied a few changes too like stroke, effect, gradient,etc and then going to the styles palette and choosing add style. Styles become really powerful when you have a clear idea about how you can use them in alternative ways.  It hard to explain without me writing a novel but you will get a glimpse into what I mean soon maybe next week if all goes well. In the mean time there's a good thread located here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/3686-dream-styles/?hl=styles

Chris gives a nice explanation on how he created his styles and I believe he might have attached a free copy of his styles on his thread.