You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not a question, just a bit of info

I have just attached a HUION 610 Pro graphics tablet (from Ebay) to use in Affinity Photo. It's only a cheap one at under £50 ($80?) but is a decent size at 10" x 6.25"

So far it's working very well with Photo and makes painting on masks so much easier. I can't handle the click buttons on the pen very well (I have the fingers of a gorilla with rheumatism) but they are all customizable so I set them both to left click, which did the trick for me. Plenty of "hot" keys to do stuff (like zooming, moving etc) all customizable. Dead easy to install and set up. Works on Mac and PC.

You also get a free glove. Or half of one ;)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

It's not just you, I don't get on with pen buttons either, so I removed them altogether on mine.  See pics here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/35361-drawing-tablet-huion-h610-pro-advisable-for-affinity-designer/&p=189562

Huion also updated the drivers about a week ago, which means it's now possible to export/import your settings, which is handy if you use a custom area/settings.

Good to hear that it is working ok. I get my new 1060 plus in a few days. Hope this works as good as the 610 pro.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Weird. The buttons are the main attraction for me. I have a Wacom Cintiq and with some apps the buttons allow for amazing functionality. I still use Serif DrawPlus and the buttons work well. I use one for panning, and the other for erasing. It lets me work faster. That combined with the buttons on the Cintiq I have great functionality without a keyboard.

• 1 year later...

I've actually had a lot of trouble HUION 420 with Affinity Photo. It doesn't seem to recognize pressure sensitivity with even the basic brushes nor does it work with certain brushes altogether, I.E. texture brushes. 

I've sifted through a lot of forums and I understand that you have to customize each brush individually and only some of them have options for pressure (which still doesn't actually detect pressure) but honestly, it just doesn't seem to work or the solution isn't intuitive. 

I don't know if Affinity Photo isn't designed be used with graphic tablets, if it's the specific tablet I have that doesn't work with Affinity Photo, or if I'm missing some setting that will fix my problems but this is a HUGE problem that other free photo editors don't have any issues with. It's incredibly disappointing this paid software is has such difficulty with such a critical feature.

Maybe I'm overlooking the solution but if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful for the advice. 

Hello College Downtime,
welcome to this forum.

Affinity supports working with graphics tablets.
I have no problems with my Huion graphics tablet (Huion new 1060 plus)
Did you install the latest drivers from Huion? (Version 12.3.7)
If you use a brush in Affinity, There are many different settings in the menu bar.
Do you have, for example, the pressure sensitivity set? see the screenshot

Huion.png

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

• 1 year later...

Hi Users, I have a seacrest GTA 2000 graphics tablet, which I think is the same as an Aiptek 14000u.

I cannot find a driver for windows 10. The system recognizes the tablet and the pen, except for the pressure levels.

The MAcro Key manager software that came with the tablet also does not operate fully, as the settings of the pen and keys is not active.

Any ideas on how to solve this? where to find an appropriate driver?

Thanks

Mach