You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hello :

I am very very new to this software and has no background in graphics.  But I am extremely well versed in Keynote etc.

I bought a vector diagram from online shop.  I am able to cut the parts I want to remove but I am left with  white seams.  

1)  how do I get rid of it ?

2)  How do i get rid of the words and not leave a white vacant alphabet (the white background exposed)

3)  How do I save it to a very high resolution (it picture will be on a big poster)

Please help.

post-4509-0-46095400-1421044846_thumb.png

• Staff

Hello ma_very_newbie,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

1) The seams should not be visible on export, but in this case there's quite a few which could be problematic.

One of the ways to "hide" them is to place an object with the same color behind. In this case you could use a duplicate of all the objects that compose the image grouped and slightly moved to the left or right to fill in the seams with a similar color (you can also try to apply some blur to the duplicated group to smooth out the colours a little more (this may help on not - must be tested first).

Other option would be to export that image at 2x, 4x its size or even more, and then downsampling it again (i mean reducing it again to its current size). This process should make the steams disappear. The resulting image could them be imported to Affinity as a bitmap.

2) Assuming that the diagram you bought is a layered vector, you should be able to select and delete the letters/layer independently from the rest. If the vector composition was flattened, removing the words will leave a blank space there. In this case the only option is to try to recreate the missing parts to cover the empty spaces.

3) If it's a vector file, it's resolution independent. If you want to print it make sure you have set the desired dimensions and dpi (usually 300 dpi) values in the  Document Setup dialog (File->Document Setup...). Then and go to File-> Export, select an appropriate format (usually PDF) and click the Export button.