You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Purchased Affinity Photo (v. 1.5.2.69) and tried to install on my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) laptop. Nothing happens. If I try to install with administrator rights, I do get a dialog box asking if I want to proceed to allow the application to make changes to the system. I click yes, but again nothing more happens.

I've looked through the forums but was unable to locate a solution.

To be sure, I've downloaded the application twice, and tried starting my computer, but same result.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Purchased Affinity Photo (v. 1.5.2.69) and tried to install on my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) laptop. Nothing happens. If I try to install with administrator rights, I do get a dialog box asking if I want to proceed to allow the application to make changes to the system. I click yes, but again nothing more happens.

I've looked through the forums but was unable to locate a solution.

To be sure, I've downloaded the application twice, and tried starting my computer, but same result.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Do you have anti virus software that is preventing you ?

Best to switch it off momentarily. I have software installation issues with Bitdefender because of their ransomware module, so I normally disconnect from the internet and disable Bitdefender briefly. Not !!! that I am in any way complaining about Bitdefender protecting me from ransomware !!!

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

No, I do not have Bit Defender installed; however, Windows does have an anti-malware feature. I don't know if this will help but it's version 4.11.15063.0. Also, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 1703, build 15063.296.

I've disabled Windows Defender. It's still a problem. I'll continue trying other options.

• Staff

No, I do not have Bit Defender installed; however, Windows does have an anti-malware feature. I don't know if this will help but it's version 4.11.15063.0. Also, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 1703, build 15063.296.

I've disabled Windows Defender. It's still a problem. I'll continue trying other options.

Thanks for confirming. I will send you a PM with some instructions to follow.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here. I have Windows 10 Pro (1703; 15063.138) on my laptop(Asus UX501VW) as well. The installation dialog box just would not pop up no matter what kind of adminitrator authorization had been given. Nothing happened after the UAC dialog box. 

The interesting thing is that I also have windows 10 pro on my office desktop and the installation on that machine worked flawlessly.

• Staff

Same problem here. I have Windows 10 Pro (1703; 15063.138) on my laptop(Asus UX501VW) as well. The installation dialog box just would not pop up no matter what kind of adminitrator authorization had been given. Nothing happened after the UAC dialog box. 

The interesting thing is that I also have windows 10 pro on my office desktop and the installation on that machine worked flawlessly.

I've sent you a PM with some instructions to follow. Let me know how you get on.

I SOLVED my problem by uninstalling Duet Display, which is known to be incompatible with Affinity Photo. I think Affinity guys should make the existence of such softwares very clear from the very beginning.  :P

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with Affinity Photo 1.6.4. 104

I purchased the product and recieved the product code. After the download I was not able to start the installation. The dialog box opened to ask if I want to proceed, I click ok and nothing happened

I use HP Laptop Windows 10 Vers. 1709, Build in no. 16299.125, today updated and with HF KB4053577 and KB 4054517

I switched off the Norten Security, I started as Admin but no change.

I saw in the chat that a document to check certain points is available. Can some help and/or send my the infos?