You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

type not transforming scale with other elements.

Hi Tim,

are you sure you have used the appropriate handle to scale the frame / group?

On my machine it is scaling perfectly well (though with a replacement font, but that *should* be not the problem).

Have a look at my video (latest Beta, OS X Lion). Hope that helps ...

Cheers, Alex

To expand on that: Art text scales as a normal graphic. Frame text can scale two ways. The normal handles change the size of the frame; the text stays the same size and rewraps to fit the new frame. Frame text also has an extra handle, off at the bottom right, which causes the text to scale too.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I reopen this old topic. I need to reduce size of group, which contains Frame text.

I can use an extra handle (as described of Dave), but I need to enter exact dimensions of group with Transform panel. Frame text not scaling in this case :(

Is there any solution please?

Hi,

I reopen this old topic. I need to reduce size of group, which contains Frame text.

I can use an extra handle (as described of Dave), but I need to enter exact dimensions of group with Transform panel. Frame text not scaling in this case :(

Is there any solution please?

I agree, if I have multiple items selected, text frame should scale like everything else.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

Frame text can scale two ways. The normal handles change the size of the frame; the text stays the same size and rewraps to fit the new frame. Frame text also has an extra handle, off at the bottom right, which causes the text to scale too.

Then there might be a third option - to “scale” the spacing. Horizontal alt-dragging would change letter spacing while alt-dragging vertically would alter line spacing.

Hello All-

Im new to the forum and have been trying AFD software as an AI replacement. I was having the same issues with text not scaling with group objects correctly. Once I converted all text to curves (outlines) all seemed to scale properly.

As a newbie to this forum, I appreciate all of the user and moderator insight on this forum and look forward to diving further into the program.

Cheers-

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue.

I need to export an A4 version of a A3 artboard. Not founding this functionality in export options, I've created a new A4 artboard and copied all the elements into it. The frame texts inside the selection (which also contained simple graphics as retangles) didn't scale with the other elements when using the Transform palete.

I'm having the same issue.

I need to export an A4 version of a A3 artboard. Not founding this functionality in export options, I've created a new A4 artboard and copied all the elements into it. The frame texts inside the selection (which also contained simple graphics as retangles) didn't scale with the other elements when using the Transform palete.

In this case, I would have copied the content to a A3-sized document (same size as original) and then resized the page to A4 in the document setup with "Rescale" enabled.

• 9 months later...

There is actually a simple solution to this problem (it was driving me crazy for quiet some time as well until i've found this option). Simply select the group or text frame or whatever, further below the right bottom anchor point (e.g. for resizing, etc.) there is another anchor point, select this one instead and resize it to your liking, that's it :) I've also uploaded a screenshot (see attachment), because it's not that obvious. I also couldn't find any tutorial about this issue on any AD Tutorials, etc., I also couldn't find it in the AD Docs, I wished AD could mention it somewhere, that would be very helpful to everyone who is new to AD.

post-35023-0-28638300-1484532059_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have to raise the issue again:

The method with the other anchor is ok BUT:

- I need to resize group of objects by given amount and when I enter eg. '*1.6' factor in input field it produces result as if I did with the INNER anchor, therefore text is not scaled properly.

Please be so kind to advice sth, I have lots of work to be done still ahead...))

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

1 hour ago, Zbigg said:

- I need to resize group of objects by given amount and when I enter eg. '*1.6' factor in input field it produces result as if I did with the INNER anchor, therefore text is not scaled properly. 

Please be so kind to advice sth, I have lots of work to be done still ahead...))

Try this...

Select all the objects you want to resize
Copy to clipboard
File > New from Clipboard
Resize new document by *1.6  (select Rescale objects, if using Designer)

Copy objects back to original document

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks for your help. Nevertheless I bypassed the problem for now but would make use of the solution later. 

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.