You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

working with psd format instead of afphoto?

For workflow reasons I would like to work exclusively in the psd format so I can import these files into apple motion without first having to export to another format. Is this possible? Is the psd format as robust and fully functional within affinity as the native afphoto format?

Thanks 

• Staff

Hi angusshmangus,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, only our native afphoto format keeps everything editable. Exporting to PSD may rasterise features/elements for which we don't have support or that the PSD format doesn't support.

We do have a PSD preset created specifically to export files for Final Cut Pro X (and Apple Motion) that may do what you want. I suggest you take a look at Affinity Photo trial (check this blog post for links to the trials) to check if it fulfils your needs.

Hi 

Thanks for the reply. I already own a licence of Affinity photo and am working exclusively in the program. ok that answers my question. i will work exclusively in afphoto and then just export to psd format whenever i import into motion then. 

I find the psd format os the most robust out of all the export formats. when I use other formats like exr etc I get strange results that do not match what i created in afphoto. psd always produces the same result. 

Thanks