sinesium

Installation Error

Your installer for Designer and Photo has a bug.

When installation process goes on, after removing previous installation files, installer cannot store files in Program Files folder cause it tries to store files in a deleted folder.

This folder i.e. c:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\ is visible in Windows but inaccessible cause is marked by OS to erase.

After OS restart this folder disappears and installation can be done without problems ( I have to input license activation data again that makes me nervous ).

Check it please, cause this problem has occurred in previous versions of Designer & Photo Installers also.

And only your installer has this kind of problem.

I did not find this kind of problem related to other installers ( which I run with Normal user privs).

Hi Sinesium,

I've tried this myself and i've not been able to reproduce it. What OS are you using and by Normal user privileges are you a full Administrator on the machine? However what I will say is that you do not have to uninstall the previous version before updating to the newest version. Simply running the installer for the newer version will handle the uninstall and it will also ensure you don't have to re-enter your product key or installation location!

I am having the same installation problem, the install gets to a certain point and claims that I need to be administrator to access the c:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\ directory.  I am logged in as administrator.  It seems that the install routine marks that directory to be erased just as Sinesium says and locks the directory.

Hi DZRhino,

Again I've not seen this personally - I do many installs a week on various machines but have never encountered this. :(

Did a machine reboot allow you to install?

I ordered a product key for affinity for Windows in February 2017. With this key it's not possible to install version 1.5.3. The installation wizard tells me the mail-adress and / or the product key would not be valid. However, they should be, I'm sure both are correct. So what is wrong?

I'm glad hearing from you.

Regards

Stefan Baier

Hi Stefan

Welcome to the Affinity Forums - you might want to change your user name so that it is not your email as this could attract unwanted spam.

Be sure you have downloaded the correct application. For example if you've bought a key for Affinity Designer then you will only be able to use that with Affinity Designer and not Affinity Photo. Are you copy and pasting the key or typing it in?