You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I used the pen tools to draw a shape, with probably too many points.  But I was assuming "Smooth Curve" would remove the jagged nature of all those points for my selection, but I don't see it doing anything - so I guess I'm using it inappropriately.  Can you explain what the Smooth Curve action does and when/how it's appropriate to use!

Thanks a bunch,

Al

• Staff

Hi tiggyboo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums,

The Smooth Curve button isn't intended to remove nodes to make the path smoother and simple as in other software. Affinity doesn't offer that feature yet. It's goal is to slightly refine the line (both adding or removing nodes) to make it look more pleasing and fluid (at a small scale), without affecting the overall shape of the path too much.

Hey tiggyboo,

Do you know that while you have the node tool selected you can clock on a node and press delete to remove that node?

OS X Yosemite on a 2014 15" MacBook Pro Retina 2.2 GHz i7 16GB Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

• 3 years later...