You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

What do you think about enhancing Export Persona? After lots of new tools for UI designers it would be nice to exports this new layouts with pleasure. :)

First thing I was thinking of is snapping. Why, when I have such good snapping when I design, I have to zoom and count every pixel, when I try to draw a slice? ;)

Second thing is a long shot idea, for your consideration, and with lots of thinking about proper UI for this kind of revolution. I was thinking about something like slices for layer/group. Exporting UI elements is always filled with drawing slices and turning layers off and on. It would be cool to have an option to tell the slice, which layers to save. I can create appropriate groups when I design, if I know that will make my job easier. And it will make it much easier, when I can tell the slice when it has to be exported with background and when as a transparent group of objects.

It would be great if you'll think of something like this. :)

>^..^<

• Staff

Hi FatCatStudio,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you aware that you can create slices automatically from any object/group/artboard in the Layers panel in the Export Persona? So if you organise everything properly in Draw Persona, most of the time you will not have to create slices at all (manually) or am i missing something here?

Take a look at the Saving, exporting and sharing section in the Official Affinity Designer Video Tutorials thread for details on how to use Export Persona features.