You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Check the number of copies with "Ctrl/Cmd + J"

Hello,

I would like to have the possibility to define the number of copies to be made with "Power duplicate" so as not to have to repeat the command tens or even hundreds of times.

In my attached screen shot, to put the letter in relief and to avoid the effect of stairs between the copies, I am obliged to have a very fine gap between the copies: I am already more than 200 times "Ctrl + J" and I am far from having reached the desired thickness.

Defining the number of copies at once would be much more convenient.

I may have missed something or is there another method?

Thank you

post-37692-0-71270600-1495452119_thumb.png

maybe this will go faster, command j 20 times than group them together. and than command j with the group.

i came to this in 26 times comm j

post-35341-0-43381700-1495459064_thumb.png

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

maybe this will go faster, command j 20 times than group them together. and than command j with the group.

Taking this a step further, Cmd+J (or Ctrl+J on Windows) four times for a total of five copies of the original object, group and duplicate three more times for a total of twenty copies, and then group again and duplicate for as many copies as you need.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

i came to this in 26 times comm j

attachicon.gifc.png

Hi dutschader,

Thank you for that, I actually tried doing a Boolean operation with twenty copies and then remade repeatedly "Ctrl + J" with the result, but I then struggled to position the grouping so that the alignment Is not perfect, despite the use of the grid and a large zoom.

You got a better result than me!

Taking this a step further, Cmd+J (or Ctrl+J on Windows) four times for a total of five copies of the original object, group and duplicate three more times for a total of twenty copies, and then group again and duplicate for as many copies as you need.

Thank you Alfred,

The problem for me was the positioning of the clustered copies to make other copies again so that the dark part on the side is straight.

I just made another try with a slightly larger shift and with only 33 copies the result is satisfactory even at a fairly high zoom level (1652%).

I do not know what happened earlier, the result was totally different, I had to make a mistake somewhere.

Thanks again.

Dutschader,

Thank you for looking at the problem, as I just said to Alfred, I just re-try and with 33 copies the result is satisfactory, with no visible staircase effect.

What we really need, of course, is a Blend Tool (ou Outil Dégradé en français): make a shape and duplicate it, move one copy so that you can blend between the two, move one end of the blend as close to the original as you want, and then recolour a copy of the top shape to make it lighter or darker.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi reglico,

also did a retry, this one is 2 layers.

attachicon.gifc2.png

Voilà une solution intelligente et rapide à laquelle je n'avais pas pensé! Juste deux petites modifications de nœuds à faire. Merci encore.

EDIT:

Oops, sorry for forgetting the translation!

This is a smart and fast solution that I had not thought of! Just two small node modifications to make. Thanks again.

What we really need, of course, is a Blend Tool (ou Outil Dégradé en français): make a shape an duplicate it, move one copy so that you can blend between the two, move one end of the blend as close to the original as you want, and then recolour a copy of the top shape to make it lighter or darker.

C'est juste Alfred, nous avons besoin de ce genre d'outil, comme DrawPlus le propose.

J'avais pensé à une solution comme dans Illustrator dans lequel je pouvais choisir le nombre de copies, l'angle de décalage ainsi que la distance entre chaque copies.

EDIT:

Oops, sorry for forgetting the translation!

It's just Alfred, we need this kind of tool, as DrawPlus offers.

I had thought of a solution like in Illustrator in which I could choose the number of copies, the offset angle as well as the distance between each copies.

Voilà une solution intelligente et rapide à laquelle je n'avais pas pensé! Juste deux petites modifications de nœuds à faire. Merci encore.

Graag gedaan

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma