You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAF files getting SLOW Open,Close and Edit.

In the title.

My new X-T2 is lovely but editing in Affinity seems (not able to prove) to be slower and lumpy compared to when editing my old Nikon D800's files; which were of course larger to start with.

Any ideas why I get this impression or do you think I am dreaming it.

I have checked the compatability list and asked directly befor buying the camera but still it seems very turgide to me.

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

No one know anything that may be the cause of this.

I am still finding response time on RAFs to be notieably slower than my older/larger NEF files.

No Ideas?

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

• Staff

Hi Sharkey,

I don't know why certain RAW files load faster than others, only a developer can give you a reply here, but since the X-T2 is a recent camera there may be some issue or bug here causing this. I'm trying to get a few samples from both cameras on the internet to check if i'm able to reproduce it here myself. If so I will fill a report for this/pass the file to the dev team so they can take a look at what may be wrong.

Thanks for your report.

Hi Sharkey,

I don't know why certain RAW files load faster than others, only a developer can give you a reply here, but since the X-T2 is a recent camera there may be some issue or bug here causing this. I'm trying to get a few samples from both cameras on the internet to check if i'm able to reproduce it here myself. If so I will fill a report for this/pass the file to the dev team so they can take a look at what may be wrong.

Thanks for your report.

Doy you want some files, Raf. jpg. Whatever. I will upload to your link if you like.

Regards    Sharkey 

Edited by Sharkey

Doy you want some files, Raf. jpg. Whatever. I will upload to your link if you like.

Regards    Sharkey 

I am unable to edit this?

Save Edit ignoring me.

• Staff

Hi Sharkey,

Yes that would help thanks. I was just replying to another user here who is also having trouble with this same camera. Hope we can get to the bottom of this issue.

I'm creating a link so you can upload the RAW files as well. Give me a couple minutes.

Here's the link. Thanks for your help.

Der englische Text stammt von Google-Translate

Fuji Sensoren sind anders auszulesen als sie die meisten anderer Hersteller.

Fuji sensors can be read out differently than most other manufacturers.

DXO hat sich bisher geweigert, Fuji in den RAW-Konverter einzubauen.

DXO has so far refused to incorporate Fuji into the RAW converter.

Ich weiß nicht warum, doch möglicherweise ist dies der Grund für eine schwierigen Vorgang, der noch nicht optimal funktioniert.

I do not know why, but maybe this is the reason for a difficult process that does not yet work optimally.

Nach meinem Wissensstand hat noch kein Hersteller das eigene RAW-Format veröffentlicht.

According to my knowledge, no manufacturer has released their own RAW format.

Hi Sharkey,

Yes that would help thanks. I was just replying to another user here who is also having trouble with this same camera. Hope we can get to the bottom of this issue.

I'm creating a link so you can upload the RAW files as well. Give me a couple minutes.

Here's the link. Thanks for your help.

Uploading 3xRaf files now.

Regards.   Sharkey

Uploading 3xRaf files now.

Regards.   Sharkey

All done

Regards.   Sharkey

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the files Sharkey. I will try to reproduce the issues you've reported here on my system.

Any advance on this?

AP1.6 beta does not seem at all faster.

I can still use AP and like it but would appreciate a bit of acceleration for Raf. users.

Regards.   Sharkey

You could try th fuji raw converter to compare the develop speed.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/myfinepix_studio/rfc_2/mac_01/

I would love to use Fuji software/suggestion but it is incomprehensible to me and operates very oddly indeed.

In the past I have tried Canon, Nikon, Olympus and now Fuji software (SilkyPix) and failed dismally with all. Why hardware manufacturers cannot produce software worth having is a bit of a mystery to me. I know some/many people do use their cameras software but I've not gotten on at all with any so far.

A lot (I Think) is because the software is written on and for Windows initially and never ports over to Mac in a usable form; for Mac users I mean.

The very look is off putting and lags plus unknown naming of actions just puts me off before I even get started :( .

Thank you for the thought.

Regards.   Sharkey

ps:- did try to use Silkypix and the files did open very quickly but from then on only confusion reigned.