You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OMEGA Speedmaster

pmeinertz

Hi,

For my fourth try in AD I wanted to illustrate at Omega Speedmaster watch. Think it worked out well :-). Still a few glitches here and there :-(

The hardest to figure out how to make was the wristband with the try to make it look woven. I did it with a costume made brush I made.

I am still amazed how well AD performs. Great to get under the skin of the software. I set my self these challenges (HTC Phone, Nexus phone, Bulb and this) so that I would be sure to really learn to use AD, not just fooling around.

Compared to how I usually does these illustrations Photoshop (Vector Layers), then AD is by far the easiest.

Please enjoy!

If anybody is interested I can upload the original AD file.  UPDATE! I have added the AD original file also now.

Br,

Philip

post-4312-0-60628100-1420843338_thumb.png

Omega.afdesign

Utterly amazing!!! Please can you share the .afdesign file with us? :) If you send it to support@seriflabs.com then I'll upload it to share somewhere if you'd prefer?

Thanks!

Matt

Hi,

I have cleaned up the file and attached it to the original post. Not so big after all. I had some reference images in it for the band texture, which I removed.

Thank anyway!

Philip

Great work. There's something (to me, in any case) hypnotic about photorealistic art. Thanks for sharing!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Retrograde! I so agree! Everyday I open this app is another day I am not opening an adobe product lol

Edited by ronniemcbride

Hehe, I may have overstepped there slightly, :D  but.... and obviously photoshop is huge beast with deep image manipulation capabilities I am not even aware of..., for this kind of work, for illustration or creating illustrative images be they photo realistic or painterly from scratch (as opposed to creative photo manipulation - we'll wait for Affinity Photo for that)  Affinity Designer is showing us that it can certainly rise to the challenge.

It's the implementation of vector/pixel compatibility combined with ease of use that does it for me. Focusing on great features and a streamlined workflow that delivers results is going to win people over.  Competition benefits us all, and it's been awhile.  ;)

Hi,

For my fourth try in AD I wanted to illustrate at Omega Speedmaster watch. Think it worked out well :-). Still a few glitches here and there :-(

The hardest to figure out how to make was the wristband with the try to make it look woven. I did it with a costume made brush I made.

I am still amazed how well AD performs. Great to get under the skin of the software. I set my self these challenges (HTC Phone, Nexus phone, Bulb and this) so that I would be sure to really learn to use AD, not just fooling around.

Compared to how I usually does these illustrations Photoshop (Vector Layers), then AD is by far the easiest.

Please enjoy!

If anybody is interested I can upload the original AD file.  UPDATE! I have added the AD original file also now.

Br,

Philip

Thanks for uploading the Omega AD file, pmeinertz. It's so amazingly detailed with subtle fx, I thought it was a high resolution PSD image at first. Keep it up!

Stop the Press! Screen Print. Giving your prints an extra dimension. www.stop-the-press.co.uk

Excellent piece of work and my kind of illustration. There are those who would say , "why not use a photograph?" My answer to that is you couldn't take a photo that good! Well done!

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• 5 years later...