You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Light UI icons

Huh, well... would you look at that.

You're right Alfred. Shows how little notice I take of what the icons actually are when I'm not really looking at them properly. Monkey clicks where monkey usually clicks.

Just goes to show that - for me at least - the actual picture isn't really relevant. Its location in respect to the others could be more important. E.g. If you want Paste, click the one that's two away from the one that you normally click for Cut. Or something like that.

I'm sure paste used to be a glue pot at some point in the past. Or am I going potty? (No pun intended.) Paste function, Pot of Paste icon. It makes sense, but was it ever true?

Can anyone remember a paste icon that was a glue pot? My memory is quite bad but I'm sure I didn't just make that up.

I've a feeling that this memory has come from ancient times - well, late 80's anyway - but I can't find any proof. Damn this ever-changing internet!

R C-R: Like it. I've never seen it before, but I don't get out much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, All:

A little late in the day, but here's my two cents worth.

Regarding the new light interface : very nice, but as others have justly pointed out: to little contrast.

Why might that be so ???

Well, it just might be that the devs do their thing in darkened/shaded offices, where not a lot of ambient light enters.

Better for their eyes, when you're behind a screen all day long.

At least, that's where I did my thing back in the day.

Suggestion for devs : when testing your work, please also take the trouble to see how it looks it in

a relatively lighter evironment then where you created it.

C.L.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.