You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm missing the icons that allow me to switch between personas.  I've reset the studio, toggled on and off the toolbars, done the usual searching, but have lost the ability to switch to different personas.  

Any ideas where these icons could have gone, or a reasonable workaround to switch personas?

Thanks!

Hi jbb,

and welcome here …  :)

Have you tried View > Customise Toolbar …? You should be able to drag the Persona buttons from there to the main toolbar. Does that work?

Cheers,

Alex  :)

At least on the Mac versions, there should also be items on the Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo menus for switching between available personas, along with default keyboard shortcuts for them. If you do not see them there, & A_B_C's suggestion does not show the buttons, you may need to reset the app.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks @A_B_C and @R C-R!  Dragging the buttons to the toolbar from the customize menu did the trick.  Appreciate the help!

PS - a funny side note, when I dragged the Persona buttons, two copies immediately showed up!  Almost like there was a hidden set that suddenly emerged when a second copy was added.  

Hi,

I'm missing the icons that allow me to switch between personas.  I've reset the studio, toggled on and off the toolbars, done the usual searching, but have lost the ability to switch to different personas.  

Any ideas where these icons could have gone, or a reasonable workaround to switch personas?

Thanks!

As a footnote, you could also go "File" and the first menu item is "Personas" which allows you to switch between them.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am also missing some persona buttons according to the tutorials I've seen on YouTube. I only have 3 options - Draw, Pixel, Export.

Same three options in View > Customize Toolbar

I'm trying to find the Filters section, but can't seem to find them.. only effects. i see in YouTube videos people have 5(?) persona options. I'm on Windows

• Staff

Hi B0nkers,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Affinity suite currently has two different programs: Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. You are using Affinity Designer which currently only have three Personas (Draw, Pixel and Export). Affinity Photo is the one that has five. The tutorials you are seeing are for Affinity Photo, not Designer. If you have bought Designer by mistake please check this page for info about returns/refunds.

Thanks, I didn't realize there was two. The issue I needed to fix I thought was suitable for Designer as it's supposed to be web design focused. I need to optimize images and through YouTube saw a quick tutorial on using noise filters (Hornet video hosted by Affinity). I guess both products kind of overlap, for web based work it sounds like we need to buy both. A little bit of a pain to work in one program and then switch to another just to export for web design purposes.

• Staff

Designer is more adequate for web/ui design (unless you need to retouch/work heavily with images). Artboards, symbols, constraints etc are all useful for laying out pages/apps. It's mostly the raster tools that overlap a little. Designer contains just a basic set of them, while Photo  - being a full photo editing application - has a lot more tools/features for image editing (filters, channels, specific personas for certain tasks etc). They complement each other quite well.

• 5 months later...