You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Workbook and Affinity Publisher

• Staff

Hi Tim,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Yes, the Affinity Photo Workbook will still be published. As far as i know there's no eta at this point.

Affinity Publisher Beta wasn't released yet. We will announce it here and in social media as soon as there's some news.

• Staff

Yes, the Affinity Photo Workbook is well underway. We regularly review chapters as they are submitted and some are ready for German localisation.

We actually use PagePlus X9 (via BookPlus) to create and compile it to PDF.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, first post here but I'm also interested in the Photo Workbook, once ready (having received an email today with the offer for the Designer book but that I don't have a need for...). My suggestion is that it would be a good idea to send out an email inviting people to register for notification at the time when the Photo book approaches publication. That'd save me needing to keep searching this forum occasionally for news!

Hi Men, thanks. Is it possible for you to allow people to sign up for email notification, specific to this book being released? That would be the most reliable method, especially if you announce the list being set up via your current email distribution list.

• 2 months later...

I have ordered mine as well. I hope it has it has a glossary of graphical terms, such as chromatic aberration and other such mind-bogglers. That's the only thing I found lacking in the Affinity Designer Workbook. Not having an understanding of the nomenclature used is one heck of a drawback when studying.

Tim

11 minutes ago, mistertimman said:

I hope it has it has a glossary of graphical terms, such as chromatic aberration and other such mind-bogglers.

The program Help goes into quite a bit of detail about such things. Here's the online version of the (English) help on that topic: Chromatic Aberration.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 hours ago, furtonb said:

That would be awesome! +1 for APu alpha!:)

Alpha versions of software apps typically are incomplete & unstable. They often have only placeholder code for as yet unimplemented features that does nothing or code that causes app crashes, serious memory leaks, or file corruption when called.

In other words, that are not usable even for casual, non-criticals work. So why would you want to try running one if you were not a developer working on the code?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7