You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm coming from Photoshop, and haven't figured out how to replicate something in Affinity Photos yet.

When I'm editing text blocks, I will often select a word or phrase in the block (so not the entire block) and need to adjust the size incrementally. In Photoshop, I would select the words, click on the font size field, and use the up/down arrows to adjust the size one point at a time. I can do all this in Affinity Photos, however the difference is that in Photoshop, I'd see the text change on screen with every key press. In AP, I don't see the text change size until I click away or hit return. To make it more cumbersome, if that wasn't the right size, I have to re-click in the size menu to activate it again. 

I know that I can simply scroll through the font size and it'll update in realtime as I do that, but that is in huge increments… I need to go one point at a time.

I see the same behavior in leading, kerning… basically all text controls.

Am I missing something? 

Thanks!

-Joseph 

• 3 years later...

1322850105_Screenshot2020-10-01at14_44_55.png.4badcf3a30dbee0ceda497aed73f0a34.png

(You have to hold down Cmd+Shift to get the arrow. Assuming you're on a Mac.)

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

15 hours ago, simonlayfield said:

Wondering if this was ever considered? I often have the need to visually nudge font sizes up and down and so would be a welcome enhancement.

The original post is over 3 years old

As far as I can tell APhoto now works as he requested,

i.e. Realtime text scaling with the arrow keys

Have you tried it and are seeing something different?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, sorry I missed that the OP sepcifically mentioned Affinity photo - I was looking for this feature in Affinity Designer.

Not that this would necessarily be way off base or anything. My understanding is that the underlying codebase is the same, although I'm not saying there aren't reasons for them to have different UI flavourings.

@h_d This solution does work! Would be nice for size of the text on the Artboard to update when incrementing the value in the font size input in the Character panel (using the up/down arrow keys) too - but I can live with the provided solution just fine. Thanks!