You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Text Boundary

I noticed when using the frame text tool. If I resize the boundary box using the left, right or top boundary bars the text box behaves as expected. However the bottom bar has no effect if move it, in fact text can overflow the bottom boundary Affinity Photo 1.5.2.69    

Apparently, this is because in the current implementation there is no provision for handling overflow text, like with linked text boxes, a common feature of DTP apps. There have been several comments about this, most recently in this topic.

Without a linked text box feature, the only possibilities I am aware of for this is to either ignore one of the boundaries, with the bottom one being the most logical choice, or to just hide any text that overflows that boundary. Long ago, that is what some apps did, with some sort of non-printing indicator that some of the text was hidden but still available if the text box was enlarged enough to show it.

Assuming it will be a year or more before Publisher is released, it will include linked text boxes, & longer still before that feature makes its way back into Affinity Designer, does anybody else think it would be reasonable to change the current AD behavior to hide the text?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7