Hello! Thanks for the workaround! IF any of developers are viewing this thread, this is still a wanted addition for those of us who utilize motion and also AD. 

I, too, will be extremely happy with the appearance of export to Apple Motion. Let Affinity Designer be the first and only application in the world to do this :)

8 hours ago, kurdyumov said:

Let Affinity Designer be the first and only application in the world to do this 

Not exactly, in fact far from it, but, yeah.

4 hours ago, Dudemeister said:

Not exactly, in fact far from it, but, yeah.

No program can do this without third-party scripts. Ai and Draw can only with the help of Motionize, but it does not count :)

Affinity Designer vector output to Apple Motion: I am all for it as well. Even if was an unofficial hack for the time being, an experimental export feature (and labeled as such) it would still be tremendously helpful.

31 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Affinity Designer vector output to Apple Motion: I am all for it as well. Even if was an unofficial hack for the time being, an experimental export feature (and labeled as such) it would still be tremendously helpful.

If Affinity Designer had scripting, the problem would have been solved long ago, but I don’t think it will be. Therefore, it remains only to rely on the mercy of the developers: (

17 hours ago, kurdyumov said:

If Affinity Designer had scripting, the problem would have been solved long ago, but I don’t think it will be. Therefore, it remains only to rely on the mercy of the developers: (

It is what it is, isn’t it?

Meaning: The developers chose to not (yet) add scripting and I can easily imagine a few reasons why. Like being in total control of the quality of the shipping product since Affinity surely would be blamed for any third party plug-in failure. So I wouldn’t paint a picture in which we are “at the mercy of the developers”. I think the do like their customers a lot and try to give them what they need (like arrowheads). Even when the customers are nagging sometimes, like me.

13 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Like being in total control of the quality of the shipping product since Affinity surely would be blamed for any third party plug-in failure

Well, it's not like there aren't ways of protecting the app from that. Look at Workflow Extensions in Final Cut Pro X for example. There's no way (as opposed to e.g. Premiere Pro and their extensions mess) that a Workflow Extension can crash FCP, because they did it in an intelligent way. So if an extension fails, it's clearly the extension's i.e. the developer's fault.

But I also don't see scripts being a stability issue either way. The worst that could happen is you get worthless output.

This (export to motion shape) would be a game changer – especially with continuous export in Affinity Designer! 

21 hours ago, Tazintosh said:

+1000 for being able to get paths from Affinity to Motion

With this, the Serif guys can no longer ignore this request. :)

Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer/Affinity Publisher | macOS 10.15 Catalina on MBP13 2013 | macOS 10.14 Mojave on MBP13 2017