You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

25 minutes ago, Design_Guy said:

only single vector shapes and they can be only brought in into motion one at at time. if you want them still vectorized anyway. it's a huge limitation, it's frustrating it cannot be solved at the moment

You can't help continuing with your clueless nonsense, can you?? With the ILLUSTRATOR script you can bring any and all vectors into Motion as shapes! Unless you want to share how you're getting any vectors into Motion otherwise?? Oh right… you can't! So what are you going on about?

Honestly this makes me want to just pay for a year of CC at this point.

Yes… PLEASE DO!

Allowing scripting doesn't seem unreasonable at this point either if Affinity didn't feel like tinkering with it themselves.

Holy sh… could you please just STFU?? This is NOT a shortcoming of Motion! Motion files (and with it shapes) are simple HTML! So if Affinity doesn't OUTPUT the file needed then there's zero that Motion i.e. Apple can do!

You basically need a time-machine to get an illustrator cs6 license and Adobe doesn't even want you using it anymore so Motionize

WTF are you blathering about?? The script works just fine to this day.

Do yourself a favor and just don't answer anymore to avoid making an even BIGGER fool of yourself. Thanks!

• 7 months later...

implementar essa exportação seria uma maravilha, muitos falaram sobre importação de PSD, PDF e AI, serve mas não é a mesma coisa, o shape nos daria mais possibilidades e vindo em camadas seria maravilhoso. se o AD está demorando para isso, bem a apple poderia implementar uma opção de importação do arquivo AD e um opção interna pra converter em Shape como fazemos no After(adobe). vou sugerir isso na avaliação no motion na AppStore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hehe, this started in 2015. So let's recap - it will not come, even if we are many users wishing for it..
Just found this on Youtube (forgive me, if it was already mentioned somewhere) - with the help of two small apps, it's possible to go from SVG to editable motion shapes. So there should be a more direct way, if serif would like to dive into it... 

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm a big fan of the Affinity line, I own all three apps. Like many others here, I'm all too happy to ditch Adobe and use alternative software where I can.

I purchased Pixelmator Pro recently. The workflow for getting my content into Apple Motion is almost perfect, it's just not Affinity Designer. 

If Affinity ever wants to reign supreme you must support solutions that help people get out of the Adobe ecosystem. Supporting Apple Motion shapes is a fantastic way to achieve that, you would make the Apple Motion user base very happy.

• 4 months later...

Is there any workaround to import a shape into motion that you designed in Designer? I've searched online and the only possible workaround I can find is with Vekpo and Graphic, but Graphic is not free. Even though I would love to have the export in Affinity, if there were even any some sort of workaround that would be amazing.

On 10/15/2022 at 7:15 AM, Gideon S said:

Is there any workaround to import a shape into motion that you designed in Designer? I've searched online and the only possible workaround I can find is with Vekpo and Graphic, but Graphic is not free. Even though I would love to have the export in Affinity, if there were even any some sort of workaround that would be amazing.

You can import a shape into Motion as a PDF but it's not ideal. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 12:15 AM, Gideon S said:

As mentioned above, Pixelmator Pro (which is also not free) can import SVG and can export to Motion format.

Copy/paste from Designer to Pixelmator Pro also works fairly well, so if you create a Pixelmator Pro document at the resolution you want the Motion project to be in, you can copy/paste your shape(s) from Designer into Pixelmator Pro then simply File -> Export  and set the file format to Motion Project.

• 2 weeks later...

I just moved over to Pixelmator Pro because of the Motion project export. I've owned it almost as long as Affinity but haven't used it much until I heard about the Motion Project Export feature they recently added. The text export is not the greatest (I find any custom leading ends up having to be reset in Motion) and the text tools in Pixelmator are limited but - I get editable text (and thus can apply Motion's text behaviors to it) and my layout stays intact and doesn't have to be rebuilt. With Affinity I was exporting my layers and then rebuilding my layout in Motion. I'd prefer to stay with Designer - It's been my go to for the simple graphics I do for low budget TV ads ever since I dropped Adobe. I just now tried the SVG export from Affinity to Pixelmator import and it kept my layout but broke my text to different layers (still editable text but one line would be on four layers.) so, dang! I'll end up spending as much time fixing that as fiddling with Pixelmator's text tools. Anyway, I up vote this as well it would solve my biggest issue with Designer ... that and the lack editable text in PSD exports so I can send my clients Photoshop files in which they can change the text. Yes, that's another topic and I have my request in there but it came to mind as Pixelmator does this as well. I'm not a Pixelmator fanboy it seems clunky to me but it does a couple of things I find useful so I'll have to learn it and just keep hoping Affinity finds a way to implement these two things - Motion Export being a higher priority for me.

• 7 months later...