You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.0.71

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Designer version 1.5 was purchased.

This is the first beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• First and foremost, the 1.6 version is mainly about: Light UI! (go to Preferences->User Interface)
  • Improved view pan/zoom performance and new pixel-differencing pixel shader
  • Improved performance with large documents
  • New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites (Not available in Windows version yet) 
  • New Glyph browser
  • Stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
  • Align to key items (first/last selected)
  • Text frame vertical alignment options
  • Fit frame to text (double-click on bottom centre handle).
  • Transform panel uses the rotation centre (Not available in Windows version yet) 
  • Scale/shear can now be performed about rotation centre (Not available in Windows version yet) 
  • Double-click now resets shape handles and rotate/shear handles
  • Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
  • Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements

Awesome! Didn't expect the Windows beta to be released that fast after the Mac one. Apart from the light UI I really love these features most:

Thumbs up and thank you!

EDIT: Could it be that the vertical alignment option isn't there in the Windows Beta? I can't find it but in the Mac Beta it's there. 

Awesome! Didn't expect the Windows beta to be released that fast after the Mac one. Apart from the light UI I really love these features most:

Thumbs up and thank you!

EDIT: Could it be that the vertical alignment option isn't there in the Windows Beta? I can't find it but in the Mac Beta it's there. 

Quite possibly...

Hi All

Just having a quick run through of the new features but having some issues.

a. The mouse cursor (mouse and Wacom Tablet) is 'stuck underneath all the Toolbars and panels ..So I cannot select anything! eek! (restarted.. issue is mantained)

b. Text /Add Frame Text/clicked on fit frame to text/drag panel around and text gets pixelated + have similar slow refill as with Wacom new driver Tablet issues (AD Windows Beta 1.5.2.66)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Affinity Designer 1.6.0.70 (beta) installed OK and launches correctly for me, but I had uninstalled the last 1.5.x beta manually beforehand.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Affinity Designer 1.6.0.70 (beta) installed OK and launches correctly for me, but I had uninstalled the last 1.5.x beta manually beforehand.

I did the same just to be sure the installation went smoothly.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

same here, beta expired. no other beta was installed.

edit: and opening the beta opens this website.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Installation ok. But everything gets blurred when I zoom in on a monitor with windows DPI settings 125% (27", 2560×1440, ATI Radeon R7 200 series). It works fine on my second monitor that has DPI set to 100%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR6akF8irnI&feature=youtu.be    After selecting the pencil Tool with stabiliser enabled, I can no longer access the other tools and the layers tabs etc.

Here is the link for a small video with an error.

Depois de selecionar a pencil Tool com stabiliser ativado, não consigo mais acessar as outras ferramentas e nem as abas camadas etc.

Segue link de um pequeno video com erro.

• Staff

RE: "This beta has expired"

Sorry, but from our tests it would appear that the current installer only works IF YOU HAD ALREADY HAD A BETA INSTALLED. Unfortunately if you are on a machine that has not had an Affinity Designer Customer Beta installed,then this current beta reports that your beta has expired when you try to run it.

We will make a new installer that will work whether you have had a customer beta before or not. We will make this replacement 1.6 beta installer available as soon as possible.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Excellent!... I will look forward to it :)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

AP e AD beta 1.6, quando ativo a "pen tool", não consigo mais acessar as outras ferramentas, o ponteiro da seta  desaparece.

AP and AD beta 1.6, when I activate the pen tool, I can no longer access the other tools, the arrow pointer disappears.

• Staff

AP e AD beta 1.6, quando ativo a "pen tool", não consigo mais acessar as outras ferramentas, o ponteiro da seta  desaparece.

AP and AD beta 1.6, when I activate the pen tool, I can no longer access the other tools, the arrow pointer disappears.

This has been reported and acknowleged, thank you

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/40236-ad-cursor-gets-lost/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Couple of things I noticed so far:

- Interface & font rendering feels sharper now, much less blurry & less cleartype artefacts, thanks !

- Better color display ?

- No more "system32" default startup folder, also nice !

- Faster app startup, faster document opening, improved responsiveness overall.

- Undocking a panel forces the remaining ones to center, overlaping each other or covering one another, same in Photo.

Edited by pixelrain

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672