You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.71

Zooming in I lose the selection marquee when using the selection brush.  Is obviously working as when I press delete I am left with a transparent area.. Win10 Light UI.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Zooming in I lose the selection marquee when using the selection brush.

I haven't tried this yet, John. Does the selection marquee come back if you go into Quick Mask mode and back out again (by pressing the Q key twice)? :unsure:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

To the users suffering from pixellation - could you let us know what Windows DPI settings you are using please? I believe it only affect users on 125, 150 and 175%. I've reproduced it on my machine at 150% and it doesn't occur at 100% or 200%.

I use 125% and the problem with pixellation exists. Good hint!

I haven't tried this yet, John. Does the selection marquee come back if you go into Quick Mask mode and back out again (by pressing the Q key twice)? :unsure:

Alfred this get stranger on my PC when the selected marquee disappears and I do as you suggested only part of the image is showing the red mask.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Zooming in I lose the selection marquee when using the selection brush.  Is obviously working as when I press delete I am left with a transparent area.. Win10 Light UI.

Alfred this get stranger on my PC when the selected marquee disappears and I do as you suggested only part of the image is showing the red mask.

I've now tried this in both release build 1.5.2.69 and beta build 1.6.0.70, and it all behaves as expected (regardless of whether I choose the dark or light UI style in the beta). Once I've made a selection, the 'marching ants' only disappear when I go into Quick Mask mode, and they reappear when I come back out of that mode.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

On my system using the "picker" tool in a curves adjustment layer leads to an error message and renders the software unstable or even causing it to freeze completely.

Hi Altae,

I ran into this the other day and have reported it to development as well! Thanks for letting us know!

• Staff

Hi Sean, dpi is 125% and I have the problem. Worked on 1.5  @ 125% though. If I set 100%, pixellation is gone when viewing an image at 100% or higher

That's great! Thanks for confirming Dave. The issue should be fixed in the next build :) Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• Staff

Hi Pioneer,

I think this is related to the pixellation issue caused by not using Windows at 100 or 200% DPI. It appears that it is not refreshing the view correctly. Could you confirm that setting Windows to 100% or 200% DPI that the issue goes away?

Thanks.

I think this is related to the pixellation issue caused by not using Windows at 100 or 200% DPI. It appears that it is not refreshing the view correctly.

As noted earlier, I'm using a display setting of 125% but I see exactly what I expect to see: a semi-transparent red overlay on the unselected region when I go into Quick Mask mode, and a 'marching ants' selection outline when I come back out of Quick Mask mode.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

As noted earlier, I'm using a display setting of 125% but I see exactly what I expect to see: a semi-transparent red overlay on the unselected region when I go into Quick Mask mode, and a 'marching ants' selection outline when I come back out of Quick Mask mode.

As Pioneer (who I was replying to!) said the selection 'ants' disappear when he zooms in. There is no hard amount of zooming for it to disappear, but if you zoom enough it will go. See my attached video.

SelectionZoom.zip

The HSL layer affects the tool. Details on the video. This bug has moved from the 1.5.xx branch

https://youtu.be/TITEdPC5bWY

Also, the problems with the Apply Image filter are not corrected after the framing.

A bug with the size of the brush also stayed

https://youtu.be/zEe0PvZzt8c

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

As Pioneer (who I was replying to!) said the selection 'ants' disappear when he zooms in.

And John ('pioneer') was replying to me when he said that the 'marching ants' disappear, so I tried it and got a different result. ;)

There is no hard amount of zooming for it to disappear, but if you zoom enough it will go.

Maybe I didn't zoom in enough! I'll try again later. :)

Edit: I've reproduced this now. I can even make the marching ants disappear only partially, and when that happens the Quick Mask overlay goes correspondingly strange.

Alfred spacer.png

And John ('pioneer') was replying to me when he said that the 'marching ants' disappear, so I tried it and got a different result. ;)

Maybe I didn't zoom in enough! I'll try again later. :)

Edit: I've reproduced this now. I can even make the marching ants disappear only partially, and when that happens the Quick Mask overlay goes correspondingly strange.

Agreed. Same result as Alfred with the marching ants.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

1. post-53344-0-45955600-1495979148_thumb.jpg No lens correction in Develop. In the middle of March, I had my camera, the Sony RX100 V, added to the Lensfun database as instructed. This is a perfect grid, which as you can see, looks warped.

post-53344-0-28127900-1495979235_thumb.jpg Blocky screen updates. As I've previously posted, adjustments cause big blocks to flash around the screen. The sharp rectangular lines are offensive to the visual senses, and it feels incredibly low performance compared to other software that updates immediately with imperceptible soft smooth screen redraws.

post-53344-0-89699700-1495979544_thumb.png Missing labels on Develop buttons. These should say "Develop" and "Cancel", but instead, they're blank.

I have a brand-new (2 Weeks) Wacom Tablet Intous Pro M.

WACOM has given out 2 new Firmware-Updates last Week. I tried working with the BETA , but when i use the UNDO-Brush on acopied layer with different Overlay Methods i see , that the whole application is getting slower and slower. I have a Lenovo Workstation with NVIDIA Quatro Graphics and 16GB Ram and a huge 8 Core CPU.  In between using  the UNDO-Brush i allways get the message from Windos "Application ...not responding" . After a while i can work again. CPU runs on full power and also the fans do in these Situations.

I have multiple layers and of course deactivate those  which i am not using. But with 2 Layers active and doing Brush-Work  i should not have  to wait time over time to see the work i did progressing in the image viewer.

Any ideas about that?

AP 1.5.1 / 1.6.x.x BETA , C1 , Lenovo W541 , Wacom Intuos Pro (S / M (new))

Selection brush tool:

when I zoom the  picture to refine my selection, the dashed area disappears

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

I have a brand-new (2 Weeks) Wacom Tablet Intous Pro M.

WACOM has given out 2 new Firmware-Updates last Week. I tried working with the BETA , but when i use the UNDO-Brush on acopied layer with different Overlay Methods i see , that the whole application is getting slower and slower. I have a Lenovo Workstation with NVIDIA Quatro Graphics and 16GB Ram and a huge 8 Core CPU.  In between using  the UNDO-Brush i allways get the message from Windos "Application ...not responding" . After a while i can work again. CPU runs on full power and also the fans do in these Situations.

I have multiple layers and of course deactivate those  which i am not using. But with 2 Layers active and doing Brush-Work  i should not have  to wait time over time to see the work i did progressing in the image viewer.

Any ideas about that?

I believe there was a setting  (I only used AP, intensively in public beta times, haven't purchased yet (AD yep)) in preferences to reduce the memory undo uses. Not sure if related with that brush, but wouldn't hurt to try....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.