You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.71

Excellent ...Thank You... Mark and the Affinity Team..worked perfectly this time..well for me! :)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

I tried it quickly, a bit concerned I must add after reading several posts about issues with the new beta.

Instead, it actually worked pretty well here. Some of the issues already reported are present, like buttons without text, no histogram in develop persona, but all in all felt quite a good release.

The main reason why I went back to the .69 is because of the wacom. It seems the behavior is the same as in the .66 with the new pen input.

I uninstalled although I later realized this release could have an option to switch the pen input to the old method.

Oh well, I'll wait for the next update anyway.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

I then uninstalled the version and wanted the previous ver. Install, the funkionierte synonymous not.
Had to delete the old folder and then install, now the Ver. 15269 again.

Greeting Olaf

Win7 HP 64 Bit, AMD Six-core 3.50 GHz, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

If you've been having problems with the beta expiring, please re-download from the link in the first post, and try again. I've updated the version to 1.6.0.71, and removed the beta expiry check.

Now installed Ok.  Thank you to the team.  On a personal note can I give a very big thanks for the light UI, for me its much better to work with.  Looking forward to using this beta. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

hi

i have the same problem with ..70

Still the same pixellation in 71...I mask and do  selections at 100% so this beta is unusable for me so far.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

hi

i have the same problem with ..70

Still the same pixellation in 71...I mask and do  selections at 100% so this beta is unusable for me so far.

As far as I'm aware, the only change in build 71 is the removal of the beta expiry check. Build 70 will only install if you already had a beta build installed.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just installed AP .71

No issues with install

Large (2.7+ Gb).afphoto documents load MUCH faster, really fast actually!

zooming and panning on same files again much faster.

Not getting the issue with pixelated displays at 100% + zooms as has been reported by others.

As others have reported "Apply" and "Cancel" text is missing in the buttons but the commands still work, just text missing.

Not fussed with the light UI, don't like it TBH, switched back :) options are always good though so happy for those that requested it.

Looking forward to doing my usual WF tests this week.

Feels like real progress, thanks AP guys!

Regards

No issue with the color picker tool on a curve layer... Win 10, i3, Integrated Intel HD graphics.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I wanted to post just a word of encouragement (very sincerely), and a way to say thanks to all the huge effort put in Photo beta 1.6x   :)

(  A beta has got to have beta problems. Is great that everyone helps in spotting stuff :)  )

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

- Tablet isn't working anymore ( doesn't seem to get any input : the brush ghost disappears ) -> wacom intuos 3 / win 7 64

- when clicking on stabilizer, the cursor disappears

otherwise, the stabilizer is not bad but far from usable.

It needs a simpler version without the helper line and with a catch-on; that would be the default one, with an option to adjust the smoothing force.

Layers tab toolbar icons(add pixel layer, remove layer, mask layer etc.) are not visible. Mouse over highlights are working(without icons), buttons are working, but all icons are invisible(except Group Layers).

Windows10 64-bit, Turkish locale

Hi,

just installed 1.6.0.71. The new white interface looks great. Will Test 1.6. beta in the next days.

I found a little issue in German translation when activating white interface. It is called "Schmal". See Screenshot.

Thanks that we all can test Beta versions in this easy way with parallel installation.

Kind regards

post-58067-0-95857300-1495572582_thumb.jpg

I found a little issue in German translation when activating white interface. It is called "Schmal". See Screenshot.

You're not the first to notice that it should say "Hell" instead. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

To the users suffering from pixellation - could you let us know what Windows DPI settings you are using please? I believe it only affect users on 125, 150 and 175%. I've reproduced it on my machine at 150% and it doesn't occur at 100% or 200%.

Hi Sean, dpi is 125% and I have the problem. Worked on 1.5  @ 125% though. If I set 100%, pixellation is gone when viewing an image at 100% or higher

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870