You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.71

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is the first beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• First and foremost, the 1.6 version is mainly about: Light UI! (go to Preferences->User Interface)
  • Improved view pan/zoom performance and new pixel-differencing pixel shader
  • Improved performance with large documents
  • New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites (Not available in Windows version yet)
  • New Glyph browser
  • Stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
  • Align to key items (first/last selected)
  • Text frame vertical alignment options
  • Fit frame to text (double-click on bottom centre handle).
  • Transform panel uses the rotation centre (Not available in Windows version yet) 
  • Scale/shear can now be performed about rotation centre (Not available in Windows version yet) 
  • Double-click now resets shape handles and rotate/shear handles
  • Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
  • Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements

Does not start. Installed it, but an error message appears when launching Photo.exe:

"This beta has expired. We hope you enjoyed using Affinity Photo".

The same for Designer 1.6.

I have purchased Affinity Photo and Designer 1.5.

System: HP Z420 win7 64 Pro, 32GB RAM.

Hi All

Many thanks for the latest updates for Affinity..awesome work!

Like the new features

Affinity Photo

Get Beta Expired' popup

Also Tried directly from folder but still same result

Purchased both Apps last year ..first time I have tried the Photo Beta version

On OS Windows 10 Pro 1607 OS Build 14393.969
System AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon 16.12.2 (R9 380 Series)

Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.18-3

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Thank you !!  These sound specially great to me :  Stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools, Improved performance with large documents, Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients, Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements.  Great beta... :) 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Does not start. Installed it, but an error message appears when launching Photo.exe:

I get the same error 

Windows date settings is fine. Same error both in Designer and Photo. I tried to log in to the forum but it does not give me product key. Also the desrciption says I need a valid product key (which I have for both) but at beta it does not ask me anything about that.

Thank you !!  These sound specially great to me :  Stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools, Improved performance with large documents, Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients, Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements.  Great beta... :)

Thought you might like the stroke stabiliser... ;-)

hehehe, with a passion !! (edit : I think that's  not correct English, I was translating directly from Spanish....I meant I like this feature a lot ! )  

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Windows date settings is fine. Same error both in Designer and Photo. I tried to log in to the forum but it does not give me product key. Also the desrciption says I need a valid product key (which I have for both) but at beta it does not ask me anything about that.

It won't prompt for a product key if you already have the retail version of Designer or Photo installed.

It won't prompt for a product key if you already have the retail version of Designer or Photo installed.

Sorry, forgot to tell you that I have both installed. Updated to latest versions (Photo: 1.5.2.69, Designer: 1.5.3.69)

Affinity Photo 1.6.0.70 (beta) installed OK and launches correctly for me, but I had uninstalled the last 1.5.x beta manually beforehand.

The second panel in the Welcome slider says "What's new in Affinity Photo 1.5". The third panel also refers to (and links to) tutorials for the new features in 1.5, but I'm guessing that this is intentional since the current 1.6 release is only a beta.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I get the same error 

So do I.  Uninstalled and removed download in the process of downloading again. Same error message. Please advise Serif.  Thank you John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Both programs installed perfectly (both .69 betas had been uninstalled before, everything runs fine, except this:

Once "Stabiliser" has been enabled, the cursors disappears when it gets over any panel, left, right or top. Even if Stabiliser is disabled the cursor doesn't come back. It happens with my Wacom Tablet or just the mouse with tablet disabled. If Stabiliser is never used there is no problem with the cursor.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Once "Stabiliser" has been enabled, the cursors disappears when it gets over any panel, left, right or top.

I'm seeing this too. It has also been reported by another user, in this thread, where it has been acknowledged by Serif staff member Chris_K.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I think you must be launching an old beta. The one I released today has 30 days remaining, so it won't have expired - unless you have your clock set to a future date?

I just installed the new beta and have the same error.

I suspect this is because I also still have installed previous 1.5.x beta (forgot to uninstall it).

The thing is that I clicked on the new beta link, not the old one (the splash screen clearly says 1.6.0.70 beta) so it must conflict with the old beta:

post-33118-0-57068800-1495198879_thumb.png

I'll try to uninstall it and see if it fixes the problem.

Edit After having uninstalled the 1.5.x beta, I still get the same error. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling 1.6.x beta but still get the error. I guess some registry key or files were not removed from the system and Affinity Photo keeps looking for it.

New UI is great but ... the labels for the Develop/Cancel buttons seems to have gone missing ... and Apply/Cancel in the Tonemapping Persona ...

post-41030-0-82010800-1495199506_thumb.jpg

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Hello .
I installed the version .70.
Very nice interface and ui ok.
But, by zooming, total degradation of the image!
I completely and deeply uninstalled the .69 version.
I have recommenced.
same problem ....
I returned in .69.
no problem .
pity .

Seems to also be a issue when scrolling to the end of the font list ...

Faulting application name: Photo.exe, version: 1.6.0.70, time stamp: 0x591eb1ce
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.296, time stamp: 0xa0527b0c
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000069e08
Faulting process id: 0x334c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d0a1a22cb153
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo Customer Beta\Photo.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020