You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workflow and simple basic settings

I wonder if there's any logical reason why very simple but essential settings in AP and AD can't be saved and made available again? When I call filters, functions and file pathes I want my last settings to be availbale next time again. This is even more ridiculous since many filters always start with completely useless settings (e.g. "Unsharp Mask" or "Gaussian Blur" with a radius setting of 0) and get resetted to these values again and again! I want MY settings available - not only in the same document but in the same session and even next time I open the programs. This is not hard to impelment but essential for even a basic workflow of someone who wants to use the program as a working horse on a daily and professional base. I wonder why so elementary topics are constantly ignored by the development?? Is the project only driven by feature nerds instead of serious users? Getting really upset and finding myself for my daily work still using PS CS6 because these kind of essential workflow topics (USABILITY!) are simply lacking or not working anyway near seamless.Just be sure, there is a reason why adobe does it this way! You are in the lucky situation to come up with new and different approaches than existing dinosaurs in the market - but be sensible enough to copy those properties that are the result of decades of handling and customer workflow experience!

getting slightly grumpy over the time,
Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Yes, I have read about this "setting memory" thing requested before and it is very important one. Nothing likely isn't more tiring than set the same settings time after time. 

I am waiting a 1.6 Beta to come for Affinity Photo so can see is there this. As I want not just this but as well a history as custom presets there too. 

Like look the GIMP:

color-tool-preset.png

Almost every tool has that one above. It includes the last used settings (gets listed by date-time, not so useful as I don't remember what last day settings separate from last week one, or what I used 2 years ago!), as well the custom presets that you can add there by pressing green + sign.

So I can make the adjustment and then create a custom setting that I can then recall by selecting it from the drop-down list.

So I would like to see a way to "remember" the last used setting if wanted. 

A history function of short list of the previous ones (like 5 last ones if different than previous or preset)

And then a custom ones with rename capability, and any of those can be set as "last used" too. 

And I think the drop-down list isn't so nice, better would be a side-list that is already visible and you could just select one from the left side. So if I set custom presets named "Print 19x11" or "Print 40x30" for Unsharp Mask, I would see those on side and I could just select wanted. And if there is a preset I want to recall everytime I open the tool, create a new one and call it as "Default" and double tap it and it gets a asterisk like "Default*" to mark that it is to be recalled when opening a new document or opening the tool again. I can always reset the tool by pressing "Reset" button and then save it as "Default".

Oh, and the idea about documents... Blender... Wow... You can set Blender 3D modeling app to include the workspace in the file! Everything from views to shortcuts etc. So when you send the file, it will have everything in it. Something similar for these like the Dark/Light color theme or tools visible. 

Hi Paristo,

in some areas you do already have useful presets in AP and AD ... but even these do not get saved as defaults so even though there is a preset you have to select it each time again an again ... Extremely annoying e.g. in the eyport persona, where they keep selecting PNG as output format - a file format I personally never use. And to get to your personal preset you each time have to scroll through this neverending list of presets to reach the only setting I always use for every export. And no, it's not a bug ... it's just killing your workflow, nerves and brain.

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com