DarkClown

Changing zoom with STRG+SPACE (AD)

I'm aware this topic has been brought up before. But since open questions and uncommented bugs remain and the topic has been closed by serif staff I'm bringing it up again. (for english keyboards you have to exchange STRG for CTRL in my description)

The functionality to easily increase or decrease the zoom factor in AD by pressing SPACE + STRG and dragging the mouse is nice and works fine from my perspective. Important is what key is pressed first. Starting with the SPACE key and adding the STRG key works as expected! starting with the STRG key and than pressing the SPACE key ends in complete failure. Zooming does not work at all. This has been reported before and still remains in the latest final and beta version.

It get's scary, when you increase the speed of "clicking left mousebutton and dragging the mouse". AD starts drawing random objects of the before selected tool. The size varies and drawing randomly is finished when dragging the mouse. It seems it's just the time the software takes to realize that STRG+SPACE is pressed and the tool function is aborted (still the object is drawn). Have a look at the video to visualize the effect. Looks like AD has no real control of the keyboard/tablet input.

https://youtu.be/7CVcg5Z94hM

Video was made with latest final version 1.5.3.69 of AD (Wacom Tablet)

Cheers,

Timo

changed "CMD" to "CTRL"
deleted "I guess"

Edited by DarkClown

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

(I guess for english keyboards you have to exchange STRG for CMD in my description)

Strg (Steuerung) is Ctrl (Control) on an English Windows keyboard. Cmd (Command) is the Mac equivalent, because the Ctrl key on a Mac usually does something different.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Bummer ... I always get this mixed up - stupid me, should know better by now ;-) ... Thanks for clarifying this Alfred! I'll change this in my first post.

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

I'll change this in my first post.

You forgot to remove the words "I guess", Timo, now that you're not guessing any more. ;)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)