You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Problem-Exporting

I received a Photoshop file of a group of boxes. It was RGB so I converted it in AP to CMYK. No matter how I exported it, random pink pixels showed up along the edges of the boxes. (There is no background as the art is being placed over other art.) I asked the other designer to convert to CMYK and resend the art.

The PS file looks fine but I had to do a slight rotation--and the trouble started over again. No matter what choices I make when exporting, I get those random pink pixels. I'm exporting as a tiff but nothing is working.

Is this a bug? I'm having to use the PS file and rotate in InDesign (bad practice, I know) but AP simply won't work.

Any suggestions for future projects?

Thanks,

Bob

• Staff

Hi Bob,

The TIFF you have attached is already in CMYK format, so i have not chance to make the conversion myself. I'm also not seeing any random pink pixels after rotating the layer with the boxes using the Move tool and exporting the file as a CMYK TIFF. Can you please attach a screenshot of the random pink pixels you are seeing? What Affinity Photo version are you using? and on which platform - Windows or Mac? How are you rotating the layer?

Thanks.

Hi MEB,

I downloaded the tiff from the forum. Looks good--no pink pixels. But as soon as I placed it into InDesign--the problem returned. It also occurs when I open it in Preview. I'm running AP 1.50 on a Mac OS 10.7.5. I'm not going to take anymore of your time now but if it occurs in the future I'll get back to you.

Thanks so much for all you are doing for/with Affinity.

Bob