You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto update and/or support.

Please add and update menu item.

Help-Update.

I would personally like a text box to appear with the download location. a bit like below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update                                                          |x|

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version is available. It will be downloaded to; 

C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Designer\Update\1.5.5\affinity-designer-1.5.5.exe

You will be notified when the download is complete.

your files will be saved automatically. 

Progress; 90%

[Download]     [Change Location]   [View Changes]

[forum]  [Cancel]

and

your files will be saved automatically. 

Click OK to exit Affinity Designer and  begin installing affinity-designer-1.5.5.exe

[OK]   [Create New Save]  [Cancel]

Alternatively

There is no update at this time;

Next update in roughly 34 days! yay :)

[View build log]     [Report An Issue]   [View Changes] 

[forum]  [Cancel]

This way it should be easy to see problems with the software and anyone interested in development has all the links available.

I also like the numbering system in folders so if i need to uninstall and back track I can.

---------------------------

---------------------------

another way could be having a tool box displaying similar info. 

i would put it next to 'Transform, history, navigator'. 

I would also include an email support button that automatically includes system specs, error logs and build number. (if your worried about people spamming the button add a captcha.) also a search bar that automatically opens up the forums search facility in the default browser.