You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 1)

Couple of smallish things happening consistently for me. Sorry if this has already been brought up... 

- Upon launching AP 1.6 beta 1 or opening an existing file in AP 1.6 beta 1, usual I want to centre up the window and hitting space bar doesn't immediately invoke the hand icon to move or pan the view. It remains the black arrow. It does work though (it does pan the view) but the icon doesn't show up until I invoke it for the second or sometimes third time.

- closing the file. More often then not I get into a close and save loop... I have a file, I hit command w to close it, a pop up asks if I want to save the file, I click okay, I again hit command w to close the file, another pop up asks if I want to save the file... etc.... this is happening with all types of files, ie: jpegs, png, tifs etc...

Anyone having similar issues?

- closing the file. More often then not I get into a close and save loop... I have a file, I hit command w to close it, a pop up asks if I want to save the file, I click okay, I again hit command w to close the file, another pop up asks if I want to save the file... etc.... this is happening with all types of files, ie: jpegs, png, tifs etc...

Yes, this is happening all the time.

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Anyone having similar issues?

In the popup I get, there are three buttons: "Don't Save," "Cancel" & "Save," just like in all other Mac versions of the Affinity apps. There is no "OK" button.

Clicking "Don't Save" closes the document without saving it, just like in every other app that has a "Don't Save" button.

Clicking "Cancel" dismisses the popup without doing anything, just like in every other app that has a "Cancel" button.

Clicking "Save" saves the document but does not close it. This is different from many apps, which saves & then closes the document, but it does not produce a close & save loop -- once saved CMD+W closes the document normally.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

In the popup I get, there are three buttons: "Don't Save," "Cancel" & "Save," just like in all other Mac versions of the Affinity apps. There is no "OK" button.

Clicking "Don't Save" closes the document without saving it, just like in every other app that has a "Don't Save" button.

Clicking "Cancel" dismisses the popup without doing anything, just like in every other app that has a "Cancel" button.

Clicking "Save" saves the document but does not close it. This is different from many apps, which saves & then closes the document, but it does not produce a close & save loop -- once saved CMD+W closes the document normally.

The bug is that the "file unsaved" warning pops up even when the file has already been saved (with the previous warning) and no further modification has been made.

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Hi,

My Beta 1.6 doesn't work. It opens up, gives me the starter screen but that's it. I cannot opern Preferences or load a photo. I've removed and reinstalled it, including downloading a new version, but it persits with this problem.

Pretty frustrating not to get this working, and no reply either

The bug is that the "file unsaved" warning pops up even when the file has already been saved (with the previous warning) and no further modification has been made.

This does not happen here for me, running the beta on Sierra 10.12.5.

If there are no changes after the last save, the document simply closes with no popup, just like in every other app I use, running on Sierra or previous Mac operating system versions.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I run the beta (in English language) on Sierra 10.12.5, too. So the OS version should not be the issue.

I run the beta (in English language) on Sierra 10.12.5, too. So the OS version should not be the issue.

So just to make sure I understand exactly what is happening, if you save an image as an .afphoto document, make no edits or change it in any other way, & then immediately try to close it, you still get the three button 'unsaved changes' warning? And that even if you click the "Save" button & then, after the warning is dismissed & you are returned to the now re-saved document window, if you try to close it normally, the warning reappears?

Affinity Photo 

Hi Andy,

We non-iPad users are feeling a bit left out as the IOS platform receives all the love in beta updates.

Please show us some love too  ;)    When is 1.6 Beta 2 coming out.  It's been more than a month since the last beta release.

PS: I know you guys are very busy and doing a fantastic job.  Thanks for all of you hard work.

Kind Regards,

nana

Try launching while holding Control key and select Reset All...

Pretty frustrating not to get this working, and no reply either

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

So just to make sure I understand exactly what is happening, if you save an image as an .afphoto document, make no edits or change it in any other way, & then immediately try to close it, you still get the three button 'unsaved changes' warning? And that even if you click the "Save" button & then, after the warning is dismissed & you are returned to the now re-saved document window, if you try to close it normally, the warning reappears?

I did some more testing and the issue seems to be related to only certain file types. Plain .afphoto / .afdesign are probably OK. But opening / editing / saving flat PNG almost certainly ends in the "unsaved changes" dialog loop.

Hi Andy,

We non-iPad users are feeling a bit left out as the IOS platform receives all the love in beta updates.

Please show us some love too  ;)    When is 1.6 Beta 2 coming out.  It's been more than a month since the last beta release.

PS: I know you guys are very busy and doing a fantastic job.  Thanks for all of you hard work.

Kind Regards,

nana

I second that.

is there any way to apply constraints width & height or center in scaling canvas... using keyboard i.e press and hold command/alt  ? 

press "C" and you get canvas scale options.

Also please, is it possible to cancel it by pressing "Esc" .. or even if there is any option in keyboard shortcuts to cancel current action by pressing esc instead of "cmd+z/ ctrl+z". because esc terminates the action and ctrl does and undoes the whole calculations. 

So still no change on poor crop tool. Dealbreaker to me as I need a quick ans easy crop tool as is in Photoshop. So will keep going with Photoshop. As so many users are not happy with crop tool, and nothing is happening, seems as there is no intent of changing this, ... why?

I can't find a button [for constraining], like the "shift" in PS

There's a dropdown list on the Context toolbar, allowing you to choose 'Original Ratio', '1:1' or any of various other options, but unfortunately it resets to the default 'Unconstrained' mode every time you reselect the Crop Tool. :(

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1.6 is looking good, I like the lighter User interface, somehow I always find dark interfaces difficult to see.  :)  Well done, keep developing these Apps.

Just a minor bug report.

Regarding the Pallets (Studios :rolleyes:) on the right hand side. The invisible resize line between the working area and the pallets is very small and almost impossible to hover over, keeps jumping from hand to arrow, it would be good if the resize line was a little wider. When I do finally get a resize symbol, the first attempt resizes it by about 1 or 2 pixels, then stops resizing. At which point none of the pallets work correctly, the zoom slider works but it visually doesn't update. A second attempt at resizing works, but the pallets don't dynamically resize to fill the available space. I'm using OS X 10.8.5 perhaps a compatibility issue ?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.