You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 1)

Hey Matt, any chance we might be seeing...

right click or key short equivalents for: 

- lock current selection,

- lock everything but the current selection,

- unlock all,

- hide the current selection,

- hide everything but the current selection,

- unhide all,

Sorely missing this stuff.  :( 

Is it still in consideration?

Cheers. :)  

• Staff

If you happen to find one that you know is going to crash (a file with one saved in that state, perhaps) then could you save it and email it to us please? I can try to sort that out - I'm sure it must be very frustrating, sorry :(

Anything you email to support@seriflabs.com will be treated confidentially and not used for any purpose than fixing this issue, of course...

Thanks!

Matt

and not used for any purpose than fixing this issue, of course...

... apart from quiet amusement if you decide that the user has done something silly! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hey, at least everyone knows why we've seemed 'distracted' recently now... ;)

What are you doing here, Matt? Shouldn't you be working on AD for iPad?? whip.gif

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Hi MattP,

Please stop teasing us with your Affinity Designer for iPad and release Designer 1.6 Beta 2 ;)

On another note, congratulations again.  You guys have done it again.

Nana

Sorry  :lol:

Sorry  :lol:

Do you really expect us to believe that?? :o

Alfred spacer.png

After playing around with Photo on iPad for some time today, I just can say this application is crafted with love down to the detail. The user interface is amazing, so polished and clean, editing is super-smooth, as was to be expected, and apart from … yes, some little feature requests that immediately suggest themselves …  ;) … it is really a great accomplishment … again …  :)

Congratulations everybody,

this will be of great use for me,

Alex  :)

Don’t know if it has been mentioned before and/or if it’s just me but two things disturbed my workflow today:

• The constraints panel had no background when I activated it. It sits in a tab next to the layers panel and clicking the constraints tab to open the settings the desktop could be seen through the panel (the constraints settings were shown but without panel background).
  • Activating a font while AD was open didn’t make it appear in the font selection list. I had to restart for it to take effect.

Do you really expect us to believe that?? :o

Flared!

That is Alfred with some letters scrambled.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi InfinitePhotos,

and welcome here …  :)

Please be aware that what you downloaded is a *customer* beta, not a public beta. You will have to own a license of Affinity Designer in order to run it (in fact, you will need to have Affinity Designer already installed on your machine). Furthermore, Affinity Designer is basically a vector drawing application, not a photo editing app in the first place.

Hope that helps and saves you from disappointment …  :)

Alex

Hi, InfinitePhotos!

As Alex/A_B_C said, that is a customer beta.

However, you can get trial versions of both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo for the desktop:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/signup/trial/photo/

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/signup/trial/designer/

Be aware, the trial versions only run for 10 days.

Main site: https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

Matt,

I brought this up a few betas back and it is still there but I noticed an additional error that might cause some people problems and I wanted to bring it to your attention. Whenever I create a new document, no matter what I have chosen as my "Defaults", it always reverts to the "Grey" colour palette as the default palette even though I almost never want a black/grey palette (I should be able to choose which colour palette loads by default). To make matters worse, when I set up my document as "Print (press-ready)" and CMYK  all the colours in the "Grey" colour palette are RGB Blacks and Greys (well they are converted to CMYK but they are converted from RGB values and so 100% Black is C-72, M-68, Y-67, K-88). This could cause some major problems for people who might not notice it. The colour selector on the right (the one that runs horizontally and starts with "none" and then "black", "grey", "white") actually uses 100% black. I've attached a movie that might better show what I'm talking about. 

Another bug that is still there is the multi-shape tool. We can (since 1.5) add an individual shape tool (star, donut, triangle,etc) to our tools. When I add, say the donut tool and I select the individual donut tool, it also changes the multi-shape tool selector to donut. So now I have two of the same shape in my tools. While this isn't a critical bug, it does seem odd and inconsistent. 

I know that you and the whole team there are working hard and I wanted to say thanks for working so hard to make Designer (and Photo) such great apps. I do have one question though (about the thing I've been requesting since the beginning of Designer). I too, like Retrograde, am wondering about and hoping for a "Hide" selection, "Show all", "Unlock All" (and some others) commands. Any news on this? Retrograde posted about this on the previous page but nothing was posted in response and I'm curious about it. This is something that would greatly improve the speed, efficiency, and usefulness of Designer for me (and I'm sure for many, many others).  

Thanks for all the hard work,

Hokusai

BlackBug.mov

I don't know if this is a bug, but in the app store version of AD, when I switch between brush and eraser (or any other brush tool like dodge, burn, smudge etc.) it keeps the brush settings the same. In the Beta this is not the case. I don't know if this is a setting that I can change, but i would really like to keep the behaviour of the current version, as I often change quickly between brush and eraser when doing illustration.

I really like the stabilizer. I just wish the stabilizer setting could also be applied to lasso selections, as this is an area where the extra precision and steady hand would be very useful. 

+1 what @retrograde and @Hokusai said regarding "Hide", "show all", "unlock all" commands, something that was really handy and I miss from AI.

+1 with @Hokusai, you are doing really good job with Designer and Photo...so much so, that I enjoy using it much more than AI and I'm really looking forward to Publisher, so I can hopefully turn away from CS completely...saying that there are still few bits that I'd really like implemented. One of my most wished for is a global default option in the Preferences for "scale with object". It is such a pain in the *** having to go through tons of layers and separately also through effects to enable it, to get it scale properly (I tried many times to do what some suggested and enable it at the top layer and that it should trickle down, but often that is not the case, I always tend to find few that don't, which means I need to go and manually check each and every layer, shape, effect, etc.).

If it can be enabled as is at the moment, is it that difficult to just add a default button in Preferences? I know you were talking at the beginning of this thread about certain features that sound difficult and are easy to implement and vice versa, but please please, default option for "scale with object" would be a saviour!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.