You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lightroom Replacement ?

I am lovin' Affinity's software. I Use Designer regularly  (waiting for Publisher to replace my Page Plus program) but really really really want Afinity to lend their hand at a Lightroom replacement, lets call it "Affinity Image" as a placeholder :)  There are many folk that would jump ship if something decent happened .  I use Lightroom 80%, Designer 15% and Pageplus 5%.  I have a license for Photoshop CC but I can't remember the last time I used it so I never bothered with Affinity Photo

I am sure this has been brought up before ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've heard Affinity is looking into a Lightroom equivalent in the 'near' future. I am really looking forward to see what you guys come up with. I enjoy your Photos program and need to replace my Lightroom application. One suggestion if you look into it, please do not use a catalogued system as this adds an extra, in my opinion not needed level of complexity. Also if the catalogue gets corrupted, lost, etc you have to start from scratch again.

Do you guys have a timeframe in mind for a DAM development?

Spohr Photography - Capturing the wild side of life...

http://www.spohr-photography.com

I really second the need for a DAM app.  Need not include all the editing,  import/export, and printing features of LR, but needs to catalog, organize, and perhaps copy/apply develop/editing settings from one file to others.  An "Adobe Bridge" type program would be an appropriate starting template.